- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 13 Jan 2020
Articles by the Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA)
The Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA) is the UK’s leading trade association that represents and supports the interests of businesses and organisations involved in electrotechnical and engineering services design, installation, inspection, testing, maintenance and monitoring across the UK (excluding Scotland). Since 1901
 Articles by ECA on Designing Buildings Wiki include:
- SF6 - the greenhouse gas at the heart of our industry. 13.01.2020
- Opening the door to apprenticeships for all. 10.01.2020
- Cutting VAT can unleash green housing revolution. 06.01.2012
- How installer competence can help prevent major residential fires. 17.12.19
- Survey shows offsite construction is safer, faster, greener and cheaper. 06.12.2019
- Business owners forced to stop paying employees due to late payment.28.11.2019
- Qualifying as a professional electrician.22.11.2019
- Disturbing complacency over short courses. 18.11.2019
- Low-voltage switchgear and protective devices. 14.11.2019
- New standards for better fire safety in homes. 11.11.2019
- Data cables and the CPR. 05.11.2019
- Zero Carbon by 2050 - pipe dream or possibility? 16.10.2019
- The SME's updated guide to Brexit. 27.09.19
- PowerLottery helps give electrical industry colleagues a better tomorrow. 18.09.19
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations. 28.08.2019
- Vulnerable residents at risk from under-qualified workforce. 22.08.2109
- Careers in the electrotechnical industry. 18.8.2019
- Employee assistance programme EAP. Aug 2019
- Levelling the playing field. 09.08.19
- Industry backs leading fire and security awards.05.08.2019
- Changing lives with the Practical Participation Programme. 01.08.19
- Electrical system. July 2019
- Electrical wiring. July 2019
- Electrical definition. July 2019
- Electricity bill. July 2019
- Progress on poor payment practices. July 2019
- Higher penalties for employers breaching workers' rights.July 2019
- VAT hike puts brakes on home solar and batteries. July 2019
- Electrical safety. June 2019
- Electrical power. June 2019
- Electrical installation. June 2019
- Electrical equipment. June 2019
- Electrical energy. June 2019
- Electrical consumption. June 2019
- Electrical component. June 2019
- The real deal - at last? June 2019
- A zero-carbon UK by 2050? June 2019
- CAS answers an expensive problem for industry. June 2019
- Consumer unit. June 2019
- Electrical appliance. June 2019
- Electric motor. June 20019
- Electric lock. June 2019
- Consumer electronics. June 2019
- How the Electrical Industries Charity helps tackle domestic abuse. May 2019
- Formula E drives electric vehicle market forward. May 2019
- ECA 2018 Apprentice of the Year. May 2019.
- EIC apprentice support programme. April 2019
- Employment status: a concise guide. April 2019
- Smart meter owners report higher, not lower, bills. April 2019
- Good Work Plan promises clearer contracts, fairer rules. March 2019
- Campaign for cash retentions reform. March 2019
- The commercial implications of Brexit. March 2019
- The UK's low-carbon future is increasingly electric. Mar 2019
- Work at height checklist for managers. March 2019
- Maintaining standards through Brexit and beyond. February 2019
Featured articles and news
Are you an experienced writer with a practical understanding of the industry?
Hagia Sophia, Istanbul.
New Dwelling House at Grange View.
The causes of sinkholes.
The growth of megacities.
The restoration of Big Ben
Improving fire-safety design with computer modelling.
Sound insulation testing.
Making commercial property more efficient.
SF6 is at the heart of the electrical industry.
Caring for graves and memorials at 23,000 locations.
A return to historical forms and local identities. Book review.
Black water recycling.
Opening the door to all.
The 1960s Lava lamp.