TESP calls for industry mentors
The Electrotechnical Skills Partnership (TESP) is working with The Youth Group to build a network of mentors with electrotechnical experience to inspire and inform young people about electrical opportunities. The organisations are calling for people from all corners of the electrotechnical industry to donate their time to mentor a young person.
 Mentoring requirements
The minimum mentoring commitment is to support just one 45 minute online session with a young person. If mentors choose to continue, they can speak to a variety of different job seekers and share their experiences and insights, or work with one individual and support them on their journey to develop and get a job.
The Youth Group is a youth first business that provides young people across the world with the tools they need to get ahead and grow in work. As of April 2021, The Youth Group has supported over 1.7 million young people across all sectors of UK industry.
This article originally appeared on the ECA website. It was published on 8 April 2021.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Articles by the Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA).
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme CSCS.
- Five ways mentoring can benefit a career.
- Online mentoring can help professionals succeed.
- Skills to build.
- TESP, Mentor Me.
Diversity, social value and skills
 Are you looking for..?
- Work Opportunities (from work experience to jobs)
- Activities & Events
- Ask a Person
- Search Organisations (careers support specific to diverse groups)
 Join in
Have you got useful material to share?
If it is relevant to the Built Environment and to diversity, skills and social value, then help people to find it by adding details to this People microsite and using the guidelines below.
 Add your own content
- For guidance about writing and adding your own content see Get started - top tips and help.
- Some articles are more popular and useful than others. This article explains more.
- Make sure you use the right title as this helps search engines find it. See here for guidance.
- Add your signature to link readers to your profile.
- Tick the 'People' box when you submit the article - that way your content will appear in this Building People microsite.
- Finding it tricky? Contact us for assistance.