We are a social enterprise that doesn't believe in duplication of effort and is committed to collaborative working.
This People Wiki is where we are bringing together fragmented industry resource, making it easier for people to find information and content specific to the Built Environment, with a focus on skills and careers, diversity and inclusion, and social value.
 Why Building People?
The problem: The UK needs to build, but there is a shortage of competent and experienced workers, and the workforce we have lacks diversity.
The solution: Building People is a free-to-use platform that aggregates and integrates with industry-wide activity to enable people to find employers, opportunities and resources, and employers to engage with a more diverse range of talent.
Our platform enables a 'network of networks' to bring together diverse and innovative audiences to widen the talent pool and address industry skills challenges.
 Building People is a collaborative movement for change.
Join in to create a better connected, more diverse and inclusive Built Environment, with access to the talent it needs to solve its current and future challenges.
Building People is aggregating and connecting people, knowledge, resource, opportunities and needs across the Built Environment (architecture, engineering and construction).
We have created a 'Network of Networks' of organisations and initiatives that provide built environment careers support to diverse and under-represented people.
Find out more by meeting the members of our Communities network here.
We have brought together over 350 organisations that provide information, events, vacancies and resources across the Built Environment. See what help is available to find work, learning and/or support by searching Building People.
Our model underpins and enables the websites of others, adding value and creating an ecosystem of content, vacancies and organisations.
Diversity, social value and skills
 Are you looking for..?
- Work Opportunities (from work experience to jobs)
- Activities & Events
- Ask a Person
- Search Organisations (careers support specific to diverse groups)
 Join in
Have you got useful material to share?
If it is relevant to the Built Environment and to diversity, skills and social value, then help people to find it by adding details to this People microsite and using the guidelines below.
 Add your own content
- For guidance about writing and adding your own content see Get started - top tips and help.
- Some articles are more popular and useful than others. This article explains more.
- Make sure you use the right title as this helps search engines find it. See here for guidance.
- Add your signature to link readers to your profile.
- Tick the 'People' box when you submit the article - that way your content will appear in this Building People microsite.
- Finding it tricky? Contact us for assistance.