Diversity and inclusion
This article provides links to information and resources about diversity, equality and inclusion in the built environment. [If you're looking for organisations/initiatives that can assist in helping access diverse audiences look at the Building People Communities network and website.]
- A Blueprint for Change report.
- Apprenticeships and social mobility: Fulfilling Potential
- Balance for better: why lack of diversity is an issue for everyone.
- Boardroom to building site skills gap survey.
- Build a Better Future: The Built Environment and the Sustainable Development Goals (Bioregional)
- Building inclusivity: Laying the foundations for the future (RICS)
- Building Site to Boardroom (BS2B).
- Civil engineering and language.
- Diversity and inclusion in the construction industry.
- Diversity in regeneration.
- Diversity in the construction industry.
- Diversity Wins - How Inclusion Matters (McKinsey)
- Equal opportunities policy.
- Equality Act.
- Equality and diversity: Good practice for the construction sector (EHRC).
- Gender stereotypes examined in Unlimited Potential report.
- Inclusivity in engineering.
- Inclusive Employers Toolkit
- Making cities more gender inclusive.
- Protected characteristics.
- Routes to Diversity & Inclusion (CIHT)
- Social value
- Socio-economic diversity in the real estate sector
- Supporting Diversity - Good Growth by Design (Mayor of London)
- To attract the right talent, offering flexibility and work-life balance will be essential.
- UandI Think event - The Age of No Retirement.
- Unconscious bias: Addressing workplace diversity (RICS)
- Disability Guide (Remploy)
- Architecture is systemically racist (AJ)
- Ethnicity Pay Gap Report 2019 (CBRE)
- Investing in Ethnicity Maturity Matrix 2019 (appg)
- Race discrimination in the construction industry (EHRC)
- CIAT celebrates Pride 2020.
- LGBT in Construction: Exploring experiences to inform inclusive practices (CIOB)
- LGBT+ Toolbox Talk (Building Equality)
- London build: the talent pool in the lgbt community.
- Gender Transition, Expression and Identity Toolkit (CBRE)
- Gender pay gap in construction.
- How to encourage women into engineering.
- Inclusive Value resource and toolkit
- International Women in Engineering Day 2018.
- International Women's Day 2017.
- Interview with Harriet Latimer - Graduate Design Engineer.
- The power of real balance (PWC/Real Estate Balance, 2017)
- Why so many women leave engineering.
- Women in construction - building pace post-Brexit (Randstad, 2020)
- Women in Construction – the critical solution to a skills shortage.
- Women in the construction industry
- Women into Construction - online resources
 Young people
Diversity, social value and skills
 Join in
Building People is bringing together the huge amount of resource that exists across the Built Environment industry, with a focus on diversity and inclusion, skills and careers, and social value.
We need your help to do this.
Have you got useful material to share? Do you know of information that would be helpful to others? If it is relevant to the Built Environment and to diversity, skills and social value, then it's relevant to others. Help them find it by using the guidelines below.
 Add your own content
- For guidance about writing and adding your own content see Get started - top tips and help.
- Some articles are more popular and useful than others. This article explains more.
- Make sure you use the right title as this helps search engines find it. See here for guidance.
- Add your signature to link readers to your profile.
- Tick the 'People' box when you submit the article - that way your content will appear in this Building People microsite.
- Finding it tricky? Contact us for assistance.