- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 04 May 2022
In relation to the designing of buildings the word guidance is frequently used to describe documents that range from purely advisory to those that give advice on meeting legislation that is obligatory.
For example the UK Building Regulations apply across England and Wales are set out in the Building Act 1984 while those that apply across Scotland are set out in the Building (Scotland) Act 2003. These are legal obligations in the construction of buildings. The Approved Documents to the building regulations are a set of guidance documents setting out ways in which the regulations might be (but do not have to be) satisfied.
- Approved documents.
- Approved inspector.
- Building codes.
- Building control body.
- Building regulations appeal.
- Building Regulations Advisory Committee (BRAC).
- Building regulations completion certificate.
- Building regulations inspection.
- Building warrant (Scotland).
- Do the building regulations apply to existing buildings?
- Failure to comply with the building regulations.
- Independent review of the building regulations and fire safety.
- National Calculation Method.
- Northern Ireland building regulations.
- Simplified Building Energy Model.
- Scottish building standards.
- Standard Assessment Procedure.
- Statutory approvals.
- Statutory authorities.
- The Building Act.
- The difference between planning permission building regulations approval.
- Welsh building regulations.
- What approvals are needed before construction begins.
Featured articles and news
Q and A with self-representing artist, Hannah Shergold.
And publishes three-year strategic plan.
Introducing changes to make it more effective from 2024.
Shortlist announced for 2023 public choice award vote.
The last of the Victorians. Book review.
An exotic name that is shrouded in mystery.
Fropm practice to research and the business of materials.
Terms, histories, theories and practices.
Alteration and everything else before demolition.
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.
Rates freeze, NI cuts, full expensing; early election?
Could this be a remedy for condensation, damp or mould?
Unlocking a Healthier Tomorrow
Call for ministerial group and National Retrofit Delivery Plan.