- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 24 May 2022
Principal accountable person
- (a) in relation to a building with one accountable person, that person;
- (b) in relation to a building with more than one accountable person, the accountable person who—
- holds a legal estate in possession in the relevant parts of the structure and exterior of the building, or
- is within section 72(1)(b) because of a relevant repairing obligation (within the meaning of that section) in relation to the relevant parts of the structure and exterior of the building.
See also: Accountable person.
- Accountable person.
- Building Safety Act 2022.
- Duty holder.
- Government response to the Building a Safer Future consultation.
- Grenfell articles.
- Grenfell Tower Fire.
- Hackitt review of the building regulations and fire safety, final report.
- Health and safety file.
- Principal contractor.
Featured articles and news
Two new research reports published by APM.
50% off APM Associate membership for Designing Buildings users.
A commentary from the insurance perspective.
In brief with further links.
A definitive book on a pioneer of green architecture.
Using heritage as a catalyst for reviving historic centres.
Declaration prioritising sustainable urbanisation adopted.
Some brief words about the actuator.
After 34 years at the Institute.
To support the next generation of engineers.
CIAT reporting from the Competition and Markets Authority.
Making sustainable construction number one priority.
Interview with ECA CEO.
Many provisions came into force on June 28, 2022.
With room to expand.
Refurbishment, Energy Efficiency, Indoor air and process.
Why building acoustic considerations must be non-negotiable.
Aluminium Composite Panels (ACP) is one example.
Inventors and innovators at ICE.
Life, death and art at the Stuart court. Book review.
Real estate, place adaptation and innovation.
Review and comment on the revised draft before July 11.
Write about something you know, help us build and grow !
A blended event and triumphant return.
Mark Reynolds succeeds Andy Mitchell as Co-Chair of CLC