- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 30 Sep 2020
The term ‘Act’ refers to an Act of Parliament that either creates a new law or changes in some way an existing one. The government is responsible for enforcing new laws once they have been passed by Parliament. Acts of Parliament comprise the UK’s statute law.
- Clean Air Act.
- Energy act of 2011.
- Environmental Protection Act.
- Flood and Water Management Act.
- Growth and Infrastructure Act 2013.
- Housing Act 1996.
- Housing Act 2004.
- Housing and Planning Act 2016
- Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act HGRA.
- Law of Property Act 1925 Receiver.
- Local Democracy Economic Development Act 2009.
- Localism Act.
- Party Wall Act.
- Planning Act 2008.
- Planning and Compensation Act 1991.
- Town and Country Planning Act.
- Unfair contract terms act.
- Wildlife and Countryside Act.
NB Hybrid bills mix the characteristics of public and private Bills. The provisions in a
hybrid bill would affect the general public, but would also have particular effects on
specific individuals or groups.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
ECA skills recharge at the House of Commons
Electrical sector feels skills shortage bite.
CIOB Academy’s course take-up inked to external factors.
Q and A with self-representing artist, Hannah Shergold.
And publishes three-year strategic plan.
Introducing changes to make it more effective from 2024.
Shortlist announced for 2023 public choice award vote.
The last of the Victorians. Book review.
An exotic name that is shrouded in mystery.
Fropm practice to research and the business of materials.
Terms, histories, theories and practices.
Alteration and everything else before demolition.
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.
Rates freeze, NI cuts, full expensing; early election?
Could this be a remedy for condensation, damp or mould?
Unlocking a Healthier Tomorrow
Call for ministerial group and National Retrofit Delivery Plan.