- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 17 Dec 2020
Local planning authorities are required to undertake statutory consultations on proposed development as set out in Article 10 of the Town and Country Planning (General Development Procedure) Order 1995.
Statutory consultees may include:
- Local authority.
- Parish and community councils.
- Building control.
- Canal and River Trust.
- Civil Aviation Authority.
- The Crown Estates Commissioners.
- The Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
- Historic England.
- Environment Agency.
- Forestry Commission.
- Gardens Trust.
- Greater London Authority.
- Health and Safety Executive.
- Highways England.
- Local Highway Authority.
- Ministry of Defence.
- Ministry for Agriculture, Food and Fisheries.
- Natural England.
- The rail network operator.
- The Secretary of State for Trade and Industry.
- Sport England.
- The Theatres Trust.
- Toll Road Concessionaires.
- Port of London Authority.
Other non-statutory consultees could include:
- The Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment (now part of the Design Council).
- County archaeological officers.
- Inland Revenue.
- Local authority environmental health officers.
- Minerals planning authorities.
- Navigation authorities.
- Police architectural liaison officers and crime prevention design advisers.
- Waste disposal authorities.
In addition, Building Regulation approval will be required. This can be provided by the local authority or by an approved inspector. See Statutory approvals and Building regulations for more information.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Building regulations.
- Conservation areas.
- Consultation process.
- Delegated powers.
- Designated sites.
- Design Build Finance Operate Maintain DBFOM.
- Listed buildings.
- Natural England.
- Parliamentary procedure.
- Penfold Review.
- Planning permission.
- Site of Special Scientific Interest.
- Statutory approvals.
- Statutory obligations.
- Statutory undertakers.
- Third party dependencies.
- Tree preservation orders.
- What approvals are needed before construction begins.
 External references
- The Town and Country Planning (General Development Procedure) Order 1995.
- Planning Portal, Statutory consultees.
- Planning Portal, Statutory consultee information page.
Featured articles and news
Free download of TG 12/2021 available.
TESP works with The Youth Group to form skill sharing network.
Big tech collaborates on platform for the built environment.
Letter signed by 21 organisations sent to MHCLG.
A look at the Government's strategic approach.
Steps to help reduce the spread of infection inside buildings.
This social media-centred hobby can be both dangerous and illegal.
Millwork wall treatment with a long and illustrious history.
HSE introduces cumulative exposure calculator.
The Edwardians and their houses.
Cut off from civilian life for over 900 years.
Gaining green support from the carbon giants.
Medieval passageways with spiritual, transport and economic purposes.
Click the button to subscribe.