- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 08 Jan 2018
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Account” means collectively the personal information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the Website;
- "Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website;
- "Cookie" means a small text file placed on your computer by Designing Buildings Limited when you visit certain parts of this Website. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Website.
- “Data” means collectively all information that you submit to the Website. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
- “Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Designing Buildings Limited makes available through the Website either now or in the future;
- “System” means any online communications infrastructure that Designing Buildings Limited makes available through the Website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
- “User” / “Users” means any party that accesses the Website and is not employed by Designing Buildings Limited and acting in the course of their employment; and
- “Website” means the website that you are currently using (Designing Buildings Wiki).
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as age, gender, location, preferences and interests;
- IP address;
- Google Authorship ID;
- web browser type and version;
- operating system;
- a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to; and
- Cookie information (see Clause 8 below).
Our Use of Data
3.1 Any personal Data you submit will be retained by Designing Buildings Limited for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Website. Data that you may submit through any communications System that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to 6 months.
3.2 All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
3.3 Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using the Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- advertisement selection;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you; and
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website.
Third Party Websites and Services
Designing Buildings Limited may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to; payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Designing Buildings Limited requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Changes of Business Ownership and Control
Designing Buildings Limited may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
Accessing your own Data
6.1 You may access your Account at any time to view or amend your Account Data. You may need to modify or update your Account Data if your circumstances change.
6.2 You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal Data on payment of a small fee.
When collecting Data from you Designing Buildings Limited follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the Data during both transmission and storage. However no method of transmission on the internet or electronic storage can be completely secure and Designing Buildings Limited gives no warranty as to absolute security.
8.1 Designing Buildings Limited may set and access Cookies on your computer.
8.2 You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of Services available on the Website.
8.3 You may delete Cookies, however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly.
8.6 Cookies used on this Website include:
- DESIGNINGBUILDINGS. Designing Buildings session cookie for storing logged in information;
- __sharethis_cookie_test. Share this sharing functionality;
- OAID. Designing Buildings Ad delivery;
- __cfduid. Cloud Flare CDN delivery; and
- _ga and _gid. Google Analytics and Adsense.
- Single pixel gifs (also known as web beacons) in mailchimp newsletter emails containing unique identifiers that enable us to recognise when subscribers have opened an email or clicked certain links.
- db_cookiemessage_shown. This is set when the cookies statement at the top of the site is closed. This cookie is set to expire after 1 year.
Links to other Websites
For more information email us at [email protected].
Featured articles and news
GMP is an agreement with a contractor that the contract sum will not exceed a specified maximum. Read more here.
The BREEAM Sustainability Champion is changing to the Advisory Professional - here's what you need to know.
A fresh round of job-cuts takes the total number of redundancies to over 1,000.
Read our introductory article to the completion date in construction contracts.
Almost 90% of freight in London is moved by road. The River Thames could add much needed extra capacity.
National Infrastructure Commission warn that large infrastructure projects are at risk of falling behind.
The quality of Cambridge owes as much to its open spaces as to its architectural uniqueness.
If events occur that cause the completion of the works to be delayed then these may be compensation events.
BSRIA's new Building MOTs Scheme is designed to provide guidance on the next steps after compliance.
At an ICE discussion, the focus was on delivering a Northern Infrastructure Strategy based on opportunity for all.