- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 20 May 2019
An agent is an individual, group or company authorised to act on behalf of some other individual, group or company for a specific purpose and usually for a specific time period. The agent normally takes an active or leading role in attempting to bring about the client's desired objectives.
- An estate agent will try to sell a client's property at the best possible price and may even be involved in finding a replacement property.
- In construction, a site agent will normally be responsible for inspecting construction works as they proceed on behalf of a client, identifying problems with and providing solutions for to ensure project costs are controlled.
- An employer's agent is an agent acting on behalf of a client as the contract administrator for design and build contracts.
- A client's agent or client's representative cna be responsible for managing a project on behalf of a client.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
And the award winners for 2019 are...
Articles of agreement
Guidance for local authorities and consultancies setting planning conditions.
A real deal – at last?
How does anastylosis help in the reconstructing of ancient monuments?
More than just aesthetic and historic values and meanings.
An exciting and novel collaboration between the RIBA and the SPAB.
Republic of Ireland updates to planning and development.
The different types of pile foundation.
Achieving a net-zero carbon UK by 2050.
Responding to an invitation to tender.