- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 20 May 2019
An agent is an individual, group or company authorised to act on behalf of some other individual, group or company for a specific purpose and usually for a specific time period. The agent normally takes an active or leading role in attempting to bring about the client's desired objectives.
- An estate agent will try to sell a client's property at the best possible price and may even be involved in finding a replacement property.
- In construction, a site agent will normally be responsible for inspecting construction works as they proceed on behalf of a client, identifying problems with and providing solutions for to ensure project costs are controlled.
- An employer's agent is an agent acting on behalf of a client as the contract administrator for design and build contracts.
- A client's agent or client's representative cna be responsible for managing a project on behalf of a client.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
New editor covered facilities management, operations and construction in the US.
Exclusive log cabins on the North Antrim coastline.
Proactive forestry for strategic water management.
CIOB urges construction to share PPE with healthcare providers.
Why not write that article you've always meant to?
One of the seven man-made wonders of Arizona.
A more flexible approach is needed.
A quick step-by-step introduction to the BREEAM process.
First pioneered in the USA and then France.
The European BACS market has been showing signs of growth.
Free ICE publication for World Water Day.