Building People CIC is a social enterprise with a clear plan: create one place that aggregates content and opportunities from across the built environment (architecture, engineering and construction), then connect people to information, resources and vacancies through digitally enabling existing organisations/initiatives.
How is Building People doing this? By committing to collaborating without duplicating effort. Through the development of a ‘single marketplace’ technology platform that underpins the websites of others, Building People is enriching content and adding value to the individual without disrupting the user experience.
 Founding Partners
The proof of concept platform has been developed with the Chartered Surveyors Training Trust (CSTT), made possible by collaboration with 60 other organisations, and with the support of Founding Partners: CSTT, The Chartered Surveyors' Company and University College of Estate Management.
 Join In
Building People was founded as a Community Interest Company (CIC) by Rebecca Lovelace (Chief Dot-joiner) in 2017 who asked industry members, "doesn't it make sense to create one place that brings together the fragmented activities taking place across the built environment, not reinventing what already exists, but aggregating, enabling and connecting?"
If you are looking for organisations that deliver work, learning and/or support activities to diverse and under-represented audiences, have a look at our 'Network of Networks' for those that form the Building People Communities, with a list of over 1,000 organisations/initiatives available via the website.
More useful information is available here:
Are you Building People?
Our vision is a built environment industry that improves social and economic value by being better connected and more diverse and inclusive, with access to the talent it needs to solve its current and future challenges. Developing a collaborative framework for industry will only work if we all join in, so please get involved.
 External references
Diversity, social value and skills
 Are you looking for..?
- Work Opportunities (from work experience to jobs)
- Activities & Events
- Ask a Person
- Search Organisations (careers support specific to diverse groups)
 Join in
Have you got useful material to share?
If it is relevant to the Built Environment and to diversity, skills and social value, then help people to find it by adding details to this People microsite and using the guidelines below.
 Add your own content
- For guidance about writing and adding your own content see Get started - top tips and help.
- Some articles are more popular and useful than others. This article explains more.
- Make sure you use the right title as this helps search engines find it. See here for guidance.
- Add your signature to link readers to your profile.
- Tick the 'People' box when you submit the article - that way your content will appear in this Building People microsite.
- Finding it tricky? Contact us for assistance.