Skills and careers
If it's work experience/placements, an apprenticeship or internship, or a job that you're after, have a look at Work Opportunities on the Building People platform, where you'll also find useful Activities & Events and more Resources.
- Apprenticeships come of age
- Apprenticeships levy.
- BSRIA call for more vocational training
- Construction apprentice earnings.
- Construction Industry Training Board CITB.
- EIC apprentice support programme.
- How to take on an apprentice (CCATF)
- Protection for apprenticeships.
- Sustainable Degree Apprenticeships
- Architectural Technology: AT Suite (CIAT)
- Architecture (Theory_Praxis_Design) | series
- Careers in the electrotechnical industry
- Getting into Architecture
- Go Construct
- How the built environment can unlock opportunities for skills
- Renewable Heating: Podcast series (BetaTalk)
- What engineers really do for a living.
 Job roles
- From Agency (residential or commercial) to Valuation, via Contracts Manager and Management Consultancy, see UCEM job roles
- Access consultant.
- Acoustic consultant.
- Approved inspector.
- Chartered environmentalist.
- Civil engineer.
- Clerk of works.
- Client design adviser.
- Client's representative.
- Construction manager.
- Consulting engineer.
- Contract administrator.
- Employer's agent.
- Employer's BIM adviser.
- Environmental consultant.
- Facilities manager.
- Fire engineering consultant.
- Furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) consultant.
- Health and safety consultant.
- How to become a civil engineer
- How to become a construction manager
- How to become a quantity surveyor
- How to become an arbitrator
- How to become an architect
- How to become an engineer
- Information and communications technology (ICT) consultant.
- Interior designer.
- Landscape architect.
- Lighting designer.
- Local consultants.
- Management consultant.
- Management contractor.
- Party wall surveyor.
- Planning consultant.
- Programme consultant.
- Public health consultant.
- Rights of light surveyor.
- Security consultant.
- Site inspector.
- Specialist contractor.
- Structural waterproofing consultant.
- Traffic engineer.
- Wet trades.
Diversity, social value and skills
 Are you looking for..?
- Work Opportunities (from work experience to jobs)
- Activities & Events
- Ask a Person
- Search Organisations (careers support specific to diverse groups)
 Join in
Have you got useful material to share?
If it is relevant to the Built Environment and to diversity, skills and social value, then help people to find it by adding details to this People microsite and using the guidelines below.
 Add your own content
- For guidance about writing and adding your own content see Get started - top tips and help.
- Some articles are more popular and useful than others. This article explains more.
- Make sure you use the right title as this helps search engines find it. See here for guidance.
- Add your signature to link readers to your profile.
- Tick the 'People' box when you submit the article - that way your content will appear in this Building People microsite.
- Finding it tricky? Contact us for assistance.