Research: Diversity, skills and social value
There is some fantastic work done every year that examines challenges - and often presents solutions - across the built environment industry. Dissertations and reports are written about diversity and inclusion, skills and careers, and social value, however finding these academic outputs is never simple. Here we have begun collating academic research, but we need your input.
Please join us in bringing together this wealth of knowledge by uploading your research documents. Just follow these simple steps (it's the same as uploading images). Tell the Building People team and we will post on our social media channels to celebrate all your hard work and help the industry benefit from your learnings. If you have any questions/issues, please contact [email protected]uk.
We have divided the research into categories, to make it easier for you to find what you are looking for. (Please add themes as you upload your research - if in doubt, ask for help via [email protected]uk).
 Social impact / Procurement / Planning
- The Retention of Women in the UK Construction Industry
- WOMEN IN ARCHITECTURE: Self-Development and Career Advancement for Mid-Level Professionals
 Young people
Diversity, social value and skills
- Diversity and inclusion
- Skills and careers
- Social value
- Academic research
- A-Z of EDI: Definitions
- Building People 'Network of Networks'
- Building People platform
 Join in
Building People is bringing together the huge amount of resource that exists across the Built Environment industry, with a focus on diversity and inclusion, skills and careers, and social value.
We need your help to do this.
Have you got useful material to share? Do you know of information that would be helpful to others? If it is relevant to the Built Environment and to diversity, skills and social value, then it's relevant to others. Help them find it by using the guidelines below.
 Add your own content
- For guidance about writing and adding your own content see Get started - top tips and help.
- Some articles are more popular and useful than others. This article explains more.
- Make sure you use the right title as this helps search engines find it. See here for guidance.
- Add your signature to link readers to your profile.
- Tick the 'People' box when you submit the article - that way your content will appear in this Building People microsite.
- Finding it tricky? Contact us for assistance.