Construction as a career of choice for young people
Written by Liz Waters with the support of the Sir Ian Dixon Scholarship this paper looks at why so many young people have a negative perception of construction. Following a comprehensive literature review Ms Waters carried out interviews with a number of 9-13 year olds. It concluded that, amongst other things, the image and perceptions of the industry held by both the young people and their influencers were a major reason for not considering a career.
--Steve Sugden 16:08, 26 Jun 2020 (BST)
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Diversity, social value and skills
- Building People 'Network of Networks'
 Join in
Building People is bringing together the huge amount of resource that exists across the Built Environment industry, with a focus on diversity and inclusion, skills and careers, and social value.
We need your help to do this.
Have you got useful material to share? Do you know of information that would be helpful to others? If it is relevant to the Built Environment and to diversity, skills and social value, then it's relevant to others. Help them find it by using the guidelines below.
 Add your own content
- For guidance about writing and adding your own content see Get started - top tips and help.
- Some articles are more popular and useful than others. This article explains more.
- Make sure you use the right title as this helps search engines find it. See here for guidance.
- Add your signature to link readers to your profile.
- Tick the 'People' box when you submit the article - that way your content will appear in this Building People microsite.