Construction as a career of choice for young people
Written by Liz Waters with the support of the Sir Ian Dixon Scholarship this paper looks at why so many young people have a negative perception of construction. Following a comprehensive literature review Ms Waters carried out interviews with a number of 9-13 year olds. It concluded that, amongst other things, the image and perceptions of the industry held by both the young people and their influencers were a major reason for not considering a career.
--Steve Sugden 16:08, 26 Jun 2020 (BST)
- BSRIA call for more vocational training.
- Building People.
- Can apprenticeships solve the construction skills crisis?
- CIOB 2020 CMYA and Rising Stars Announced.
- Construction Industry Training Board CITB.
- Engineering construction skills bootcamp.
- National vocational qualification.
- People Wiki.
- Protection for apprenticeships.
- Skills gap.
- Skills shortage.
- Young Construction Industry professionals urged to share their views on the future of the sector.