- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 04 Feb 2020
The term 'planning' is a very broad one that typically refers to making plans for some sort of undertaking. This might involve; assessing needs, quantifying resources, defining goals, developing strategies, describing and allocating tasks and monitoring progress. For more information see: Plan.
Articles on Designing Buildings Wiki that relate to planning include:
- Business plan.
- Contingency plan.
- Cost plan.
- Environmental plan.
- Environmental scanning.
- Project execution plan.
- Project implementation plan.
- Project quality plan.
- Site waste management plan.
- Stakeholder management plan
- Travel plan.
- Public project: outline work plan
- Self-build home: project plan
- BIM plan: project plan
- Traditional contract: outline work plan
- Construction management: outline work plan
- Design and build: outline work plan
- Management contract: outline work plan
Articles about planning permission include:
Featured articles and news
Cutting-edge tech pairs with building management systems.
BSRIA updates its assessment of the industry.
What happens when it all goes wrong?
Input being gathered by CIOB.
Changes proposed for MHCLG consultation on house building statistics.
Full of passion and acerbic wit. 1 min book review.
Reminding us what is possible.
Five signs you are at risk.
Biotechnology as it applies to the built environment.
Stopping sound coming through windows.
Government response to the Building a Safer Future consultation.
Energy savings quickly payback any small additional capital investment.
Overbuild and air-space developments.