- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 26 Apr 2018
The term 'planning' is a very broad one that typically refers to making plans for some sort of undertaking. This might involve; assessing needs, quantifying resources, defining goals, developing strategies, describing and allocating tasks and monitoring progress.
Articles on Designing Buildings Wiki that relate to planning include:
- Business plan.
- Contingency plan.
- Cost plan.
- Environmental plan.
- Environmental scanning.
- Project execution plan.
- Project implementation plan.
- Project quality plan.
- Site waste management plan.
- Stakeholder management plan
- Travel plan.
- Public project: outline work plan
- Self-build home: project plan
- BIM plan: project plan
- Traditional contract: outline work plan
- Construction management: outline work plan
- Design and build: outline work plan
- Management contract: outline work plan
Articles about planning permission include:
Featured articles and news
The structural feasibility of modular high-rise buildings.
BRE conference on ways of providing and maintaining quality indoor environments.
CDBB publish foundational definitions and values to guide the development of the National Digital Twin.
Despite the reduction in staffing, most users remain satisfied with the service.
We run through the top 37 styles in history - but how many would you recognise?
Improving approaches to risk in the built environment sector.
Megatrends: Smart Building Technology
Share your BREEAM knowledge to help improve the industry.
Are you innovating without realising it?
Is timber a carbon source rather than a carbon sink?