- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 24 Sep 2020
The term 'planning' is a very broad one that typically refers to making plans for some sort of undertaking. This might involve; assessing needs, quantifying resources, defining goals, developing strategies, describing and allocating tasks and monitoring progress. For more information see: Plan.
Articles on Designing Buildings Wiki that relate to planning include:
- Business plan.
- Contingency plan.
- Cost plan.
- Environmental plan.
- Environmental scanning.
- Project execution plan.
- Project implementation plan.
- Project quality plan.
- Site waste management plan.
- Stakeholder management plan
- Travel plan.
- Public project: outline work plan
- Self-build home: project plan
- BIM plan: project plan
- Traditional contract: outline work plan
- Construction management: outline work plan
- Design and build: outline work plan
- Management contract: outline work plan
Articles about planning permission include:
Featured articles and news
The importance of emergency planning.
Eight forms of resource optimisation.
CIOB responds to Chancellor Sunak's announcement on jobs and the economy.
Revised guide to competition rules available.
Brick slip soffit systems and intricate brick features.
An innovative engineering approach could have had tragic consequence for NYC.
Some secrets behind how canals work.
Breaking down possible steps of pre-contract management.
ICE event includes comments from Welsh Government Minister Julie James.
Designing Buildings Wiki becomes the world's first website to adopt the new knowledge standard.
Assessing the most beneficial design elements.