- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 04 Feb 2020
The term 'planning' is a very broad one that typically refers to making plans for some sort of undertaking. This might involve; assessing needs, quantifying resources, defining goals, developing strategies, describing and allocating tasks and monitoring progress. For more information see: Plan.
Articles on Designing Buildings Wiki that relate to planning include:
- Business plan.
- Contingency plan.
- Cost plan.
- Environmental plan.
- Environmental scanning.
- Project execution plan.
- Project implementation plan.
- Project quality plan.
- Site waste management plan.
- Stakeholder management plan
- Travel plan.
- Public project: outline work plan
- Self-build home: project plan
- BIM plan: project plan
- Traditional contract: outline work plan
- Construction management: outline work plan
- Design and build: outline work plan
- Management contract: outline work plan
Articles about planning permission include:
Featured articles and news
70 buildings from 70 years of Concrete Quarterly. Book review.
Conserving the iron roof at the Albert Dock.
Delivering an infrastructure revolution.
The admissibility of evidence.
How many can you name? 37 anyone?
CIOB respond to the points-based system.
When is the weather considered 'exceptionally adverse'?
ECA backs call for a rolling programme of rail electrification.
What does 'curtilage' mean and why does it matter?
Our duty to prevent harm and protect each other.
A quality perspective.