- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 26 Apr 2018
The term 'planning' is a very broad one that typically refers to making plans for some sort of undertaking. This might involve; assessing needs, quantifying resources, defining goals, developing strategies, describing and allocating tasks and monitoring progress.
Articles on Designing Buildings Wiki that relate to planning include:
- Business plan.
- Contingency plan.
- Cost plan.
- Environmental plan.
- Environmental scanning.
- Project execution plan.
- Project implementation plan.
- Project quality plan.
- Site waste management plan.
- Stakeholder management plan
- Travel plan.
- Public project: outline work plan
- Self-build home: project plan
- BIM plan: project plan
- Traditional contract: outline work plan
- Construction management: outline work plan
- Design and build: outline work plan
- Management contract: outline work plan
Articles about planning permission include:
Featured articles and news
Special educational needs: analysing the necessities for inclusion
Can we build cities that anticipate the future?
How to provide affordable, sustainable and healthy urban communities.
The government has launched an ‘Outsourcing Playbook’.
How can we ensure the benefits of off-site construction are realised?
A new theory for managing large complex projects
A vision for digital highways
Finding stone to conserve historic buildings.
If it is not planned properly even a simple activity can kill.
A disgruntled or ignored stakeholder can easily derail your hard work.
Next generation cementitious materials
Still going strong...one of the great buildings of the 20th century.