- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 07 Jan 2021
‘Real estate’ is a legal term which is used to refer to real, or tangible, property. This includes land and the buildings that are on it, as well as any and all natural resources (e.g. minerals, crops, animals, water), as well as the air rights above the land and underground rights below the land.
- Residential real estate: Used as a living space, e.g. domestic buildings, flats, and so on.
- Commercial real estate: Used exclusively for business purposes, e.g. shops, offices, hotels, restaurants, and so on.
- Industrial real estate: Used for the manufacture and production of goods, e.g. factories, warehouses, chemical plants, and so on.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Estate agent.
- Estate agent fees.
- How technology is changing the real estate industry.
- How we should regulate the real estate industry.
- Property chain.
- Property development finance.
- Property ownership.
- Property valuation.
- Real estate in the augmented age.
- Real estate investment trust (REIT).
- Stamp duty land tax.
- What is an estate?
- Use class.
- British Property Federation BPF.
- Glossary of property law terms.
- Housing tenure.
- Property rights.
- Types of building.
Featured articles and news
Significant changes to BS 7671:2018+A2:2022 announced.
Students available for administrative roles.
Delisting a World Heritage Site.
Design needs to be more diverse to be widely accessible.
It’s not always a case of the centre leading.
PHribbon toolbar developed for US market.
CIOB consultation seeks feedback on APPG 2020 report.
How to respond to changes made in the October 2021 update.
Resource provides professional installation assistance.