- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 05 Sep 2020
- Five Star and Luxury Four Star Hotels.
- Boutique Hotels.
- Country House Hotels.
- Town House Hotels.
- Commercial 3 & 4 Star Hotels.
- Airport Hotels.
- Seaside Hotels.
- Coaching Hotels.
- Older & Historic 3 Star Hotels.
- Budget Hotels/Lodges.
- Small Independently Owned Hotels.
- Aparthotels and Serviced Apartments.
For the purposes of planning permission, use class C1 is 'Hotels', which includes; hotels, boarding and guest houses where no significant element of care is provided. It does not include hostels. Hostels provide non-self-contained acccomodation, and cater for an identifiable group of people, such as students, travellers, people who would otherwise be homeless and so on. They tend to be low-cost and may be self-catering, or may provide meals.
Articles about hotels on Designing Buildings Wiki include:
- US Embassy hotel plans.
- Army and Navy Hotel.
- Hilton Tallinn Park case study.
- Ryugyong Hotel, North Korea.
- North Korea hotel.
- Oasia Hotel Downtown, Singapore.
- Spring Street Hotel, LA.
- Trump International Hotel and Tower, Vancouver.
- Julian Opie Art Wall CitizenM Tower of London Hotel.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Bookmatched Marble for Boutique Hotel.
- How to create a sustainable hotel.
- Julian Opie Art Wall CitizenM Tower of London Hotel
- Julian Opie Limestone & Bronze Frieze for Bermuda Hotel
- Oasia Hotel Downtown, Singapore
- Residential building.
- Ryugyong Hotel, North Korea
- Sheltered housing definition.
- Spring Street Hotel, LA
- Trump International Hotel and Tower, Vancouver
- Types of building.
- US Embassy hotel plans
- Use class.
Featured articles and news
America's economic collapse produced scores of PWA Moderne projects.
The benefits of glowing aggregates and cement.
Urgent need for open communication to address mental health issues.
Guidance offered on COVID-19 green recovery, building safety and more.
Providing strength and support above the joists.
Enforcer will test and investigate product safety.
Underfloor air conditioning comes to 24 St James's Square.
Consultation on public right to buy unused public property.
IHBC resource offers improved consistency.
New laws to ‘retain and explain’ historic statues.
The principles and art of the possible. Book review.
From horse and cart to hypermarket.