- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 09 Aug 2017
- Five Star and Luxury Four Star Hotels.
- Boutique Hotels.
- Country House Hotels.
- Town House Hotels.
- Commercial 3 & 4 Star Hotels.
- Airport Hotels.
- Seaside Hotels.
- Coaching Hotels.
- Older & Historic 3 Star Hotels.
- Budget Hotels/Lodges.
- Small Independently Owned Hotels.
- Aparthotels and Serviced Apartments.
For the purposes of planning permission, use class C1 is 'Hotels', which includes; hotels, boarding and guest houses where no significant element of care is provided. It does not include hostels. Hostels provide non-self-contained acccomodation, and cater for an identifiable group of people, such as students, travellers, people who would otherwise be homeless and so on. They tend to be low-cost and may be self-catering, or may provide meals.
Articles about hotels on Designing Buildings Wiki include:
- US Embassy hotel plans.
- Army and Navy Hotel.
- Ryugyong Hotel, North Korea.
- North Korea hotel.
- Oasia Hotel Downtown, Singapore.
- Spring Street Hotel, LA.
- Trump International Hotel and Tower, Vancouver.
- Julian Opie Art Wall CitizenM Tower of London Hotel.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
The admissibility of evidence.
How many can you name? 37 anyone?
CIOB respond to the points-based system.
When is the weather considered 'exceptionally adverse'?
ECA backs call for a rolling programme of rail electrification.
What does 'curtilage' mean and why does it matter?
Our duty to prevent harm and protect each other.
A quality perspective.
If buildings were people, they would be just starting to walk on two legs.
Air filtration and clean air standards.
The Dukes of Normandy and the second world war.