In the construction industry, the term ‘services’ might refer to:
- The undertaking by a supplier of activities such as; consultation, design, maintenance, installation, banking, insurance, the provision of accommodation and so on. Services are intangible, and do not involve a transfer of possession or ownership. Services are distinguished from products and materials, which are tangible items, used in, or incorporated into construction works, such as doors or concrete. However, services may be provided alongside the provision of products or materials. Click here for a list of articles on Designing Buildings Wiki about construction industry services.
- Systems installed in buildings to make them comfortable, functional, efficient and safe. See building services for more information.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Articles about products and services.
- Building activities definition.
- Building component.
- Building element.
- Building entities.
- Building products.
- Building services.
- Building system.
- Construction materials
- Construction works.
- Contractor vs supplier.
- Products v goods v materials.
- Subcontractor vs supplier.
- Supply chain management.
- Supply chain.
Featured articles and news
Why disputes occur and how they can be avoided.
Understand each building and its needs before exploring technical solutions and hiring consultants.
BSRIA report suggests smart connected HVAC is revolutionising the US and could do the same elsewhere.
The project is finally cancelled, following withdrawal of support by the Mayor.
‘Device to Root Out Evil’ - an upside-down, New England-style church built with its steeple in the ground.
The Grenfell Tower fire highlights the need for a holistic approach to fire safety engineering.
Opinion is divided on whether Brexit will undermine mega construction projects in the UK.
Still relevant, and still not fully implemented. Read about the background to, and recommendations of 'Constructing the Team'.
BRE Wales director Colin King considers how to improve the performance of historic buildings.
Results of the 4th and 5th set of tests have been published - and finally, something has passed.
China’s $900 billion New Silk Road. What you need to know.
What to consider when choosing a heating solution for glass façade buildings.