In the construction industry, the term ‘services’ might refer to:
- The undertaking by a supplier of activities such as; consultation, design, maintenance, installation, banking, insurance, the provision of accommodation, and so on. Services are intangible, and do not involve a transfer of possession or ownership. Services are distinguished from products and materials, which are tangible items, used in, or incorporated into construction works, such as doors or concrete. However, services may be provided alongside the provision of products or materials. Click here for a list of articles on Designing Buildings Wiki about construction industry services.
- Systems installed in buildings to make them comfortable, functional, efficient and safe. See building services for more information.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Articles about products and services.
- Building activities definition.
- Building component.
- Building element.
- Building entities.
- Building products.
- Building services.
- Building system.
- Construction materials
- Construction works.
- Contractor vs supplier.
- Goods and services.
- Products v goods v materials.
- Subcontractor vs supplier.
- Supply chain management.
- Supply chain.
Featured articles and news
Take a look back at our top 5 interviews of 2017.
UandI announce a new joint venture to deliver a new Designer Outlet shopping destination in Cannock.
"A wilful misuse of public funds" - MPs committee calls for legal action against HS2 Ltd. for unauthorised redundancy payouts.
Do you know the difference between these key legal terms?
The government has issued advice for building owners about external wall systems that do not incorporate ACM cladding.
Choosing the right engineering path is a 'daunting process' - BSRIA launch a new publication Inspiring Tomorrow's Engineers.
Memorial service held marking six months since the tragedy, as government faces criticism over rehousing progress.
A case study of Streamline House, the winner of the 2016 Alan King Award for Excellence in Architectural Technology.
At their annual conference, Constructing Excellence call for a radical digital transformation in construction.
Do you know your bulldozer from your roller? Find out about the different types of construction plant here.
Watch this video of construction CEOs explaining what they expect the role of humans in the future of construction will be.
Work is underway on Mjøstårnet in Norway, which could become the world's tallest timber building.