- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 22 May 2014
Articles about products and services
Products and services are a key part of the construction industry. Without them nothing could be built. As a result, we welcome factual articles about products and services on Designing Buildings Wiki.
Just follow these simple rules:
- Think encyclopaedia not magazine. Give facts not opinion.
- Articles should not be promotional, they should offer guidance, not adverts.
- Be balanced. Adopt a neutral position, listing both positive and negative characteristics.
- Think about what an independent commentator would write. You should never need to write 'I' or 'we'.
- Generic articles attract more readers. An article about lifts written by Otis will attract far more readers than an article about Otis lifts.
Please reserve promotional information about your company for your page about me. You create this page when you register on Designing Buildings Wiki. It can include contact details, links to your website and marketing material including images and logos, and anything else you care to add.
Your profile will then appear at the top of the article. See user signature for more information.
To get started, just click the big orange button.
Featured articles and news
The world heritage list has evolved to embrace built, cultural and natural heritage.
The Ocean Cleanup project
The various types of bond and when they are used.
It's vital the industry responds to proposals for reform of the safety regulatory system.
RSHP's Merano wins RIBA accolade.
How to differentiate between partial possession and early use.
Ofwat proposes £12 billion additional investment and £50 bill reductions.
Avoiding 'winner's curse' and other useful info.
Developing test methods for video flame/smoke detectors
Waiting for a new deal ...but will funding materialise?