Articles about products and services
Products and services are a key part of the construction industry. Without them nothing could be built. As a result, we welcome factual articles about products and services on Designing Buildings Wiki.
Just follow these simple rules:
- Think encyclopaedia not magazine. Give facts not opinion.
- Articles should not be promotional, they should offer guidance, not adverts.
- Be balanced. Adopt a neutral position, listing both positive and negative characteristics.
- Think about what an independent commentator would write. You should never need to write 'I' or 'we'.
- Generic articles attract more readers. An article about lifts written by Otis will attract far more readers than an article about Otis lifts.
Please reserve promotional information about your company for your page about me. You create this page when you register on Designing Buildings Wiki. It can include contact details, links to your website and marketing material including images and logos, and anything else you care to add.
Your profile will then appear at the top of the article. See user signature for more information.
To get started, just click the big orange button.
For more general information about what to put in your article see the quick style guide.
Featured articles and news
How thermal comfort is quantified and how it can affect wellbeing.
Snøhetta complete a treehouse cabin that allows guests to lie beneath the Northern Lights.
Christiania is an anarchist 'freetown' in Copenhagen where strange and experimental architecture has flourished.
“UK waste data needs improving” say BRE specialists, in this summary of their report into construction waste.
UandI announce new joint venture with US developer to work on office refurbishment projects.
BSRIA give critical response to Theresa May's speech on leaving the EU.
Why buildings crack, how cracks are categorised and what can be done.
Inaugurated last week, the new Elbphilharmonie concert venue; a soaring new addition to Hamburg's skyline.
Summary of a new ICE Transport journal which says improving transport infrastructure is essential to eradicating global poverty.
BRE look at a new government report into the accuracy of heat meters.
Herzog & de Meuron get planning permission for revamp of Chelsea FC football stadium.