- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 24 Dec 2019
Types of land
- Any buildings, parts of buildings, or similar structures.
- Anything permanently attached to the ground.
- Rights under the land.
- Rights above the land to such a height as is necessary for the ordinary use and enjoyment of the land and the structures upon it.
- Easements relating to the land (such as rights of way).
Articles about types of land on Designing Buildings Wiki include:
- Agricultural land.
- Amberfield land.
- Ancient woodland.
- Areas of outstanding natural beauty.
- Best and most versatile land.
- Blue space.
- Biosphere reserve.
- Brownfield land.
- Built environment.
- Common land.
- Conservation area.
- Construction site.
- Contaminated land.
- Designated area.
- Global geopark
- Green belt.
- Green space.
- Greenfield land.
- Heritage coast.
- Local green space.
- Local nature reserve.
- Local site.
- Marine protected area.
- National nature reserve.
- National park.
- National trail.
- Natural area.
- Pink zones.
- Pocket park.
- Previously-developed site.
- Ramsar sites.
- Recreational space.
- Right of way.
- Safeguarded land.
- Site of biological importance.
- Site of nature conservation interest.
- Sites of special scientific interest.
- Special areas of conservation.
- Special protection areas.
- Strategic industrial locations.
- Urban fabric.
- Urban sprawl.
- Village greens.
- Windfall site.
- World heritage site.
Featured articles and news
Robotics and the construction industry.
ECA comments on CLC's three-phase recovery plan.
Their diplomatic and architectural history.
The origins of the six volume series.
Built to defend British waters, only to serve as pirate radio stations later.
Wellbeing to influence mix of home and office based working.
An introduction to cobotics.
Survey reports on outlook for the engineering sector.
A simple path to possible error avoidance.
Construction + technology = ConTech.
New low and high tech tools enter the marketplace.
Report looks at mental health in the built environment.
Radiant wall heating method to control rising damp.
What future infrastructure provision might look like.
Highlighting the health benefits of home improvement.
Pavilions for music, entertainment, and leisure. Book review.