- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 16 Sep 2020
Types of land
- Any buildings, parts of buildings, or similar structures.
- Anything permanently attached to the ground.
- Rights under the land.
- Rights above the land to such a height as is necessary for the ordinary use and enjoyment of the land and the structures upon it.
- Easements relating to the land (such as rights of way).
Articles about types of land on Designing Buildings Wiki include:
- Agricultural land.
- Amberfield land.
- Ancient woodland.
- Areas of outstanding natural beauty.
- Best and most versatile land.
- Blue space.
- Biosphere reserve.
- Brownfield land.
- Built environment.
- Common land.
- Conservation area.
- Construction site.
- Contaminated land.
- Designated area.
- Global geopark
- Green belt.
- Green space.
- Greenfield land.
- Heritage coast.
- Local green space.
- Local nature reserve.
- Local site.
- Marine protected area.
- National nature reserve.
- National park.
- National trail.
- Natural area.
- Pink zones.
- Pocket park.
- Previously-developed site.
- Ramsar sites.
- Recreational space.
- Right of way.
- Safeguarded land.
- Site of biological importance.
- Site of nature conservation interest.
- Sites of special scientific interest.
- Special areas of conservation.
- Special protection areas.
- Strategic industrial locations.
- Urban fabric.
- Urban sprawl.
- Village greens.
- Windfall site.
- World heritage site.
Featured articles and news
The role of HVAC systems in the safe return to work.
CLC provides guidance related to product marks, post-Brexit.
Net zero goals incorporated into plans for a new European Bauhaus.
BREEAM offers its resilient approach to Building Back Better.
Country moves one step closer to creating independent body.
BSRIA examines factors driving the industry.
Ensuring designs are developed, validated and can be effectively implemented.
The Homebuyer Survey most suitable for newer homes or simple properties.
Health and safety practices for body and mind.
28 leading bodies set out their vision for the future.
Chancellor announces latest Winter Support packages.
Tapping technology to boost infrastructure and create jobs.
4 ways to ensure certificates are valid.
White elephant construction projects.