Site of biological importance
A site of biological importance is a non-statutory designation used by some local planning authorities to protect locally-valued sites of biological diversity described as local wildlife sites by the UK Government.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Designated areas.
- Local Nature Reserve.
- National nature reserves.
- National parks.
- Site of Nature Conservation Interest (SNCI)
- Sites of special scientific interest SSSI.
- Special areas of conservation.
- Special protection areas.
- Types of land.
- Wildlife and Countryside Act.