CLC Maintaining Employment in Construction report published
Providing an up-to-date snapshot of the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the construction workforce, Maintaining Employment in Construction indicates that there will be a reduction of 1.2% in the size of the workforce by July 2021.
However, despite a minority of firms paying the apprenticeship levy, the number of apprentices employed is expected to increase by 2.7% over the next three months, and the number of graduates taken on by September 2021 is expected to be 17% higher than September 2020.
This article originally appeared on the ECA website under the headline, 'Employment in Construction report published'. It was published on 21 May 2021.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Apprenticeships levy.
- Articles by the Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA).
- Build UK.
- CLC publishes Industry Skills Plan 2021-2025.
- Construction apprenticeships.
- Construction Leadership Council CLC.
- Construction wages and apprenticeships on the rise.
- Home thoughts from abroad: skills development.
- Protection for apprenticeships.
- Q2 2021 trends indicate higher costs, lower employment.