- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 27 Apr 2022
ECA Project 18 Amendment 2 Roadshow
 ECA's #Project18 off to a flying start!
- Old Trafford, Manchester, 27 April
- America Square Conference Centre, London, 10 May
- National Space Centre, Leicester, 12 May
Each Roadshow includes interactive stage presentations led by ECA’s renowned technical team, covering each part of the 18th Edition Wiring Regulations Amendment 2, as well as presentations from our sponsors Aico and Signify.
 What is Amendment 2?
The IET have announced that the significant changes for BS 7671:2018+A2:2022 will include:
- A new requirement for Arc Fault Detection Devices (AFDDs) in some AC final circuits for installations in some types of higher risk residential buildings.
- The requirement for the fire safety design of buildings to be documented where specific conditions of external influence exist, such as protected escape routes and locations with risk of fire.
- Method for determining the requirement to provide overvoltage protection.
- Changes to identification, labels and notices, such as for consumer units, affecting how safety information is provided to the user of the electrical installation.
- A Chapter on Prosumer’s Low Voltage Electrical Installations, in a new part, Part 8.
Following the first Roadshow, held at Mercedes Benz World in Weybridge, Surrey on 29 March 2022, ECA Member Darren Beddoe of J & N Burrows (Havant) Ltd, said: “The information shared here will definitely help our business going forward. We don’t always have the time to read and digest the entire Wiring Regulations document, so it’s great to be able to sit with experts and colleagues to discuss things in this format. The best way to get the most out of the Roadshow is to engage with it. Come along, find out about the key parts of Amendment 2, network with other contractors, and you will always gain something form these events.”
Darren Crannis, ECA Technical Manager and #Project18 Roadshow presenter, added: “The Roadshow really helps bring our Members up to speed with new Regulations, and gives them great CPD. Events like this are still very important, especially after two years of lockdowns. It’s also a great opportunity for us to meet our Members, answer their questions, and exchange those little bits of information they may not get in an online session.”
- Scolmore Group
- Greenbrook Electrical
- Luceco Group
- Power Quality Expert
- Schnieder Electric
- Test Instrument Solutions
ECA is the UK’s largest trade association representing electrical, electrotechnical, and other engineering contractors in England, Wales and Northern Ireland at regional, national and European level. ECA member companies are rigorously assessed before membership is approved.
Member firms have a combined turnover in excess of £6 billion annually. Member firms carry out design, installation, inspection, testing, maintenance, and monitoring activity across the domestic and commercial sectors. This ranges from power and lighting to data communications, to energy efficiency and renewables, as well as the design and installation of cutting-edge building control technologies.
ECA’s near 2,700 members range from SME electrical firms to nationwide engineering contractors and building services firms that employ thousands of professionals on major UK projects. ECA members also support over 5,000 apprentices annually.
- Amendment 3 BS 7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations IET Wiring Regulations
- Articles by the Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA).
- Approved document P.
- Consumer unit.
- Electrical appliance.
- Electrical component.
- Electrical contractor.
- Electrical installation.
- Electrical safety.
- Glossary of electrical terms.
- IET announces release of 18th Edition Amendment 2.
- Institution of Engineering and Technology.
- International Organisation for Standardisation.
- Lock out tag out LOTO.
- Modular housing and electrical circuitry.
- Premises wiring system.
- Protected circuit.
- Publicly available specification.
- Ring circuit.
- Right to Repair law.
- Safe isolation for low voltage.
- SELECT Scotland's Electrical Trade Association.
- The Future of Electricity in Domestic Buildings.
Featured articles and news
BG 50 & VDI 2035 – your questions answered.
Will the way we heat homes change when winter comes ?
Can XR technology be leveraged in design & construction?
Or are you capping.
Digital gaming competition for UK students aged 16 to 18.
Heritage protection in England vs Australia.
Three-quarters of fire doors fail inspections
The role of geoparks, biospheres and world heritage sites.
Just one month to go ! Find out more here.
A new gallery for the University of Huddersfield.
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?