- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 26 Jan 2022
IET announces release of 18th Edition Amendment 2
On 24 January 2022 the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) announced the release of Amendment 2 (BS 7671:2018+A2:2022) of the wiring regulations which will come into effect on 28 March 2022.
The IET have announced that the significant changes for BS 7671:2018+A2:2022 will include:
- A new requirement for Arc Fault Detection Devices (AFDDs) in some AC final circuits for installations in some types of higher risk residential buildings.
- The requirement for the fire safety design of buildings to be documented where specific conditions of external influence exist, such as protected escape routes and locations with risk of fire.
- Method for determining the requirement to provide overvoltage protection.
- Changes to identification, labels and notices, such as for consumer units, affecting how safety information is provided to the user of the electrical installation.
- A Chapter on Prosumer’s Low Voltage Electrical Installations, in a new part, Part 8.
This article originally appeared on the ECA website. It was published on 25 January 2022.
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations.
- Amendment 3 BS 7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations IET Wiring Regulations.
- Articles by the Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA).
- Electrical energy.
- Electrical safety.
- Electrical wiring.
- Electrotechnical Assessment Specification guidance for installers.
- Institution of Engineering and Technology.
Featured articles and news
BG 50 & VDI 2035 – your questions answered.
Will the way we heat homes change when winter comes ?
Can XR technology be leveraged in design & construction?
Or are you capping.
Digital gaming competition for UK students aged 16 to 18.
Heritage protection in England vs Australia.
Three-quarters of fire doors fail inspections
The role of geoparks, biospheres and world heritage sites.
Just one month to go ! Find out more here.
A new gallery for the University of Huddersfield.
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?