- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 24 Jun 2021
In the construction industry, the word ‘draft’ might refer to:
- Drafting drawings. For more information see: Manual drafting techniques.
- Drafting documents, in particular legal documents such as contracts.
- A preliminary version of something such as a drawing or document, sometimes circulated for comment by others before a final version is prepared.
- Draughts. Draft is the US spelling of the UK ‘draught’, meaning a noticeable current of air inside a building that can make its occupants uncomfortable. For more information see: Draught.
NB The 2018 International Residential Code (IRC), published by the International Code Council (ICC) defines draft as: ‘The pressure difference existing between the appliance or any component part and the atmosphere, that causes a continuous flow of air and products of combustion through the gas passages of the appliance to the atmosphere.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
BSRIA explores US share of 2020 VRF market.
New fire safety requirement comes into force.
Different types of bridges are meant to move.
A logical approach to handling the internal voice of self doubt.
First fashionable in the US, decorative metal has become globally desirable.
Helping communities preserve and enhance historic environments.
Creating comfortable climates despite extreme temperatures.
Study examines how adjustable arrangements can succeed.
Government announces plans to improve accessibility.
Resource addresses pandemic-related NEC4 contract issues.
Incorporating EDI into the provision of fair access.
Government announces global innovation strategy.