- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 11 Mar 2020
In the construction industry, the word ‘draft’ might refer to:
- Drafting drawings. For more information see: Manual drafting techniques.
- Drafting documents, in particular legal documents such as contracts.
- A preliminary version of something such as a drawing or document, sometimes circulated for comment by others before a final version is prepared.
- Draughts. Draft is the US spelling of the UK ‘draught’, meaning a noticeable current of air inside a building that can make its occupants uncomfortable. For more information see: Draught.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Full of passion and acerbic wit. 1 min book review.
Reminding us what is possible.
Five signs you are at risk.
Biotechnology as it applies to the built environment.
Stopping sound coming through windows.
Government response to the Building a Safer Future consultation.
Energy savings quickly payback any small additional capital investment.
Overbuild and air-space developments.
Airports National Policy Statement and its impact on infrastructure.
Organisations will collaborate on infrastructure initiatives.
Technology informs procurement and planning practices.