- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 05 Feb 2021
In the construction industry, the word ‘draft’ might refer to:
- Drafting drawings. For more information see: Manual drafting techniques.
- Drafting documents, in particular legal documents such as contracts.
- A preliminary version of something such as a drawing or document, sometimes circulated for comment by others before a final version is prepared.
- Draughts. Draft is the US spelling of the UK ‘draught’, meaning a noticeable current of air inside a building that can make its occupants uncomfortable. For more information see: Draught.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Improving facilities, accessibility and overall appearance.
Free download of TG 12/2021 available.
TESP works with The Youth Group to form skill sharing network.
Big tech collaborates on platform for the built environment.
Letter signed by 21 organisations sent to MHCLG.
A look at the Government's strategic approach.
Steps to help reduce the spread of infection inside buildings.
This social media-centred hobby can be both dangerous and illegal.
Millwork wall treatment with a long and illustrious history.
HSE introduces cumulative exposure calculator.
The Edwardians and their houses.
Cut off from civilian life for over 900 years.
Gaining green support from the carbon giants.
Click the button to subscribe.