- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 11 Mar 2020
In the construction industry, the word ‘draft’ might refer to:
- Drafting drawings. For more information see: Manual drafting techniques.
- Drafting documents, in particular legal documents such as contracts.
- A preliminary version of something such as a drawing or document, sometimes circulated for comment by others before a final version is prepared.
- Draughts. Draft is the US spelling of the UK ‘draught’, meaning a noticeable current of air inside a building that can make its occupants uncomfortable. For more information see: Draught.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Proper materials and maintenance can help reduce rust.
Is the construction sector responding to calls for ED&I?
Engineers pay tribute by sharing their memories.
The hidden price of infrastructure.
BREEAM incorporates wellbeing into its Building Back Better programme.
Administration signals policy changes on some building-related issues.
From inns and coaching houses to boutiques.
Survey reveals green skills gap.
America's economic collapse produced scores of PWA Moderne projects.
The benefits of glowing aggregates and cement.
Urgent need for open communication to address mental health issues.