- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 24 Jun 2021
In the construction industry, the word ‘draft’ might refer to:
- Drafting drawings. For more information see: Manual drafting techniques.
- Drafting documents, in particular legal documents such as contracts.
- A preliminary version of something such as a drawing or document, sometimes circulated for comment by others before a final version is prepared.
- Draughts. Draft is the US spelling of the UK ‘draught’, meaning a noticeable current of air inside a building that can make its occupants uncomfortable. For more information see: Draught.
NB The 2018 International Residential Code (IRC), published by the International Code Council (ICC) defines draft as: ‘The pressure difference existing between the appliance or any component part and the atmosphere, that causes a continuous flow of air and products of combustion through the gas passages of the appliance to the atmosphere.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.
The revised standard for mapping underground utilities.
Cross-industry steering group seeks support in delivery.
Help us update process pieces from your field.
APM report explores existing practice.
COVID-19 and the importance of mental wellbeing.
As Professionally Qualified Person (PQP).
In order of relevance and with industry responses.
Raising awareness of the impacts of loneliness.
The list is growing, and in more ways than one.
We shouldn’t build new, If we can’t maintain what's built.
Timber Accelerator Hub phase 1 report