- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 09 Feb 2022
CLC publishes Construct Zero Performance Framework
On 20 July 2021, the Construction Leadership Council (CLC), of which ECA is a key contributing member, published a set of clear targets for the industry to unite behind in its mission to drive carbon out of the sector. Named the Construct Zero Performance Framework, it seeks to provide Government and industry with a comprehensive view at a sector level on progress towards net zero. Measures include tracking the number of domestic retrofits achieved, changes in the amount of non-diesel plant in use and reductions in the amount of energy used to produce key products.
The Performance Framework was developed in consultation with industry, with more than 2,500 comments received from industry to shape the framework. The commitments map to the nine priorities for carbon reduction outlined by the CLC in March 2021. It is considered to be the start of a conversation which will be refined and iterated over time to align with industry and workforce changes.
The headline commitments in the framework are:
- 78% of diesel plants to be eliminated from construction sites by 2035.
- Close the productivity gap between construction and economy average output per worker by 2035.
- From 2025, planning applications from the sector must connect to public/active transport and include EV charging where parking is provided.
- Working with Government to deliver retrofitting to 27 million homes by 2040.
- From 2025, all new buildings will be designed with low carbon heating solutions.
- From 2025, we will deliver new homes and buildings which will minimise energy demand and reduce emissions in operation by 75% (dwellings) and at least 27% (commercial buildings) compared to current standards.
- Every person buying from the sector (business or member of the public) will be provided with carbon data by 2030 to make informed lower carbon choices.
- From 2022, we will give all our clients the chance to become net zero by offering alternative net zero design options to clients, even if not scoped.
- By 2035, we will have reduced construction product emissions by 66% from 2018.
- We will target 1,500 of the sector’s businesses and clients to sign up to a measurable carbon reduction plan (including Race to Zero, Science based Targets or Climate Hub) by 2025.
This article originally appeared on the ECA website. It was published on 20 July 2021.
- Articles by the Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA).
- C02nstruct Zero programme.
- CO2nstruct Zero programme grows to over 70 businesses.
- Construction Leadership Council CLC.
- Net zero carbon 2050.
- Net zero by 2050.
- Net zero carbon building.
- CLC, CO2nstructZero.
Featured articles and news
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.
The revised standard for mapping underground utilities.
Cross-industry steering group seeks support in delivery.