- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 28 Mar 2023
- The operation of specific parts of a building or other built asset (such as a bridge or tunnel), such as the lighting system, HVAC and so on. The person operating these systems may be described as an operator or operative.
- The operational phase of an entire building, complex of buildings or other built asset. This may be referred to as facilities management.
- Operation and maintenance manuals.
- Operation, maintenance and training (OMT) contracts.
- Construction operations.
- The operation of machinery, plant, equipment, tools and so on. The person operating these items may be described as an operator or operative.
- A business or company.
Roles in construction projects: analysis and terminology, by Hughes, W. and Murdoch, J. R, published in 2001 by the University of Reading, defines operate as: ‘Carrying out work (i.e. performing an operation) on some aspect of the project, and having overall responsibility for its output.’
Featured articles and news
And publishes three-year strategic plan.
Introducing changes to make it more effective from 2024.
Shortlist announced for 2023 public choice award vote.
The last of the Victorians. Book review.
An exotic name that is shrouded in mystery.
Fropm practice to research and the business of materials.
Terms, histories, theories and practices.
Alteration and everything else before demolition.
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.
Rates freeze, NI cuts, full expensing; early election?
Could this be a remedy for condensation, damp or mould?
Unlocking a Healthier Tomorrow
Call for ministerial group and National Retrofit Delivery Plan.