- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 02 Mar 2020
In relation to the construction industry, it may refer to:
- The operation of specific parts of a building or other built asset (such as a bridge or tunnel), such as the lighting system, HVAC and so on. The person operating these systems may be described as an operator or operative.
- The operation of an entire building, complex of buildings or other built asset. This may be referred to as facilities management.
- Operation and maintenance manuals.
- Operation, maintenance and training (OMT) contracts.
- Construction operations.
- The operation of machinery, plant, equipment, tools and so on. The person operating these items may be described as an operator or operative.
- A business or company.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Five signs you are at risk.
Biotechnology as it applies to the built environment.
Stopping sound coming through windows.
Government response to the Building a Safer Future consultation.
Energy savings quickly payback any small additional capital investment.
Overbuild and air-space developments.
Airports National Policy Statement and its impact on infrastructure.
Organisations will collaborate on infrastructure initiatives.
Technology informs procurement and planning practices.
BSRIA releases market sector growth projections.
Designing for durability and resilience.