- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 21 Oct 2020
CLC releases Site Operating Procedures v6
The CLC Site Operating Procedures (SOP) have been updated. Changes include:
- Key precautionary measures such as social distancing are now located on page 1.
- Updated guidance on shielding, self-isolation, testing and what to do if a worker develops COVID-19 symptoms or must self-isolate.
- A confirmation that canteens serving food must display an NHS QR Code.
- Addition of the recent CLC statement on the use of face coverings.
Where workers on site are not required to wear Respiratory Protective Equipment and their workplace (which may include welfare and changing facilities, site offices or site meeting rooms) meets all three of the criteria (shown below), their employer should make face coverings available - and they should be worn:
- An enclosed space;
- Where social distancing isn’t always possible; and
- Where they come into contact with others they do not normally meet.
Version 6 of the SOP says “local COVID alert levels do not restrict construction activities; however, any additional local authority restrictions must be complied with. Note: current measures in Wales can be viewed at: https://gov.wales/coronavirus-firebreak-frequently-asked-questions
This article originally appeared on the ECA website under the headline, "New v6 Site Operating Procedures." It was published on 21 October 2020.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Articles by the Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA).
- Construction Leadership Council CLC.
- Construction sites urged to integrate test and trace.
- Coronavirus and the construction industry.
- Engineering services bodies issue coronavirus site safety guides.
- Face coverings and a shifting policy background.
- Personal protective equipment PPE.
- Social distancing compliance marshal.
- Social distancing on construction sites.
- Standard operating procedure.
Featured articles and news
Reviewing trends and projections.
Legislation will establish initiatives to move towards net zero.
How to document contractor employment status.
Tech tools to help manage people and space post-pandemic.
A style that ranges from mock Tudor to arts and crafts to the 'Wrenaissance'.
Free guide from Secured by Design.
BREEAM strategy for sustainability and the circular economy.
Free tool to improve the construction programming process.
Are buildings doing what they're supposed to be doing?
Cities with quick access to everything by foot or bike.
The pressures and pinch points of global destinations.
Making the case for a sustainable future.
Retrofit professionals now entitled to enter CIOB programme.
How, where, when and why stereotypes happen.