- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 12 Feb 2021
ISO/PAS 45005:2020 Occupational health and safety management — General guidelines for safe working during the COVID-19 pandemic defines a face covering as a: ‘facepiece that covers the mouth, nose and chin…. Face coverings are also known as community masks, hygiene mask, barrier masks, comfort masks and other local terms.’
It suggests that face coverings are not considered to be personal protective equipment or a medical device.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Coronavirus and force majeure.
- Coronavirus impact survey.
- Coronavirus job retention scheme.
- COVID-19 and mental health within construction firms.
- Covid-19 and the new normal for infrastructure systems - next steps.
- Covid-19 and the new normal for infrastructure systems.
- COVID-19 and the US HVAC sector.
- Designing HVAC to resist harmful pathogenic microorganisms (bacteria and viruses such as influenza and 2019-nCov).
- Face coverings and a shifting policy background.
- IMMUNE Building Standard.
- Pandemic migration.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Social distancing on construction sites.
Featured articles and news
Winner from last three to be announced in September.
From the Commonwealth Association of Architects.
For the Levelling Up, Housing & Communities Committee.
BSRIA's Technical Director reflects on recent weather patterns.
A national valuation to fund old-age pensions.
The world’s largest Commonwealth memorial to the missing.
Long after the end of the defects liability period.
Occupant satisfaction and wellbeing in buildings.
From the simple to the complex.
And the UK Government guidelines.
Commitment agreed to by major built environment bodies.
Electrical skills, low carbon, high-tech and the building services revolution.
Ultra-deep drilling with millimeter-wave beam technology.
Looking at the built environment from space.
BSI standards 8671, 8672 and 8673.
Bringing life to burial grounds.
From failed modernism to twenty-minute neighbourhoods.
The gates process and change control.
Why people behave as they do. APM book.