- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 12 Feb 2021
ISO/PAS 45005:2020 Occupational health and safety management — General guidelines for safe working during the COVID-19 pandemic defines a face covering as a: ‘facepiece that covers the mouth, nose and chin…. Face coverings are also known as community masks, hygiene mask, barrier masks, comfort masks and other local terms.’
It suggests that face coverings are not considered to be personal protective equipment or a medical device.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Coronavirus and force majeure.
- Coronavirus impact survey.
- Coronavirus job retention scheme.
- COVID-19 and mental health within construction firms.
- Covid-19 and the new normal for infrastructure systems - next steps.
- Covid-19 and the new normal for infrastructure systems.
- COVID-19 and the US HVAC sector.
- Designing HVAC to resist harmful pathogenic microorganisms (bacteria and viruses such as influenza and 2019-nCov).
- Face coverings and a shifting policy background.
- IMMUNE Building Standard.
- Pandemic migration.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Social distancing on construction sites.
Featured articles and news
Actuate UK issues stark warning.
Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities replaces MHCLG.
Protecting heritage from disasters. Book review.
Three structures forever changed people's lives for the better.
ECA comments on findings of BEIS Green Jobs Task Force.
Why government can't support public transport forever.
Government introduces the Information Management Mandate.
Designing and building for the future.
Fabricating mystical connections between nature and architecture.
IHBC issues responses to ECO4 and PAS 2035.