- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 22 Feb 2021
CICV creates COVID toolkit
The Construction Industry Coronavirus (CICV) Forum has created a digital learning kit to help promote best practice regarding COVID-19 safety in the workplace in Scotland. Working closely with Construction Scotland Innovation Centre (CSIC), which links business, university experts and public sector providers, the Forum has introduced the Be COVID Smart training and learning programme.
- Educating those working on site, in homes or in places of learning.
- Encouraging the use of safe working and learning.
- Empowering the construction workforce to call out unsafe behaviour.
Iain McCaskey, Head of the CICV Forum Skills Group, who is leading the programme, says: “The Forum had identified the need not only for a safe return to work but also for reassurance for apprentices their families and employers.
“This innovative learning solution will not only raise awareness of safety in the current climate but also identify and test the user’s knowledge of the necessary steps to take to protect themselves and others.”
This article originally appeared on the ECA website under the headline, 'CICV launches COVID toolkit'. It was published on 13 November 2020.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Articles by the Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA).
- CICV Forum report on repair and maintenance and the COVID-19 green economic recovery.
- Coronavirus and the construction industry.
- Engineering services bodies issue coronavirus site safety guides.
- Keeping commercial premises safe during extreme times.
- Re-starting construction in a COVID-19 environment.
- Social distancing compliance marshal.
- Social distancing on construction sites.
- The Importance of Health and Safety Training.
Featured articles and news
To support in Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund bids
A must read for all built environment professionals.
A brief description of time in the sun.
Given by ICE President Ed McCann.
Two new research reports published by APM.
50% off APM Associate membership for Designing Buildings users.
A commentary from the insurance perspective.
In brief with further links.
A definitive book on a pioneer of green architecture.
Using heritage as a catalyst for reviving historic centres.
Declaration prioritising sustainable urbanisation adopted.
Some brief words about the actuator.
After 34 years at the Institute.
To support the next generation of engineers.
CIAT reporting from the Competition and Markets Authority.
Making sustainable construction number one priority.
Interview with ECA CEO.
Many provisions came into force on June 28, 2022.
With room to expand.
Refurbishment, Energy Efficiency, Indoor air and process.
Aluminium Composite Panels (ACP) is one example.
Write about something you know, help us build and grow !