- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 16 Nov 2020
CICV creates COVID toolkit
The Construction Industry Coronavirus (CICV) Forum has created a digital learning kit to help promote best practice regarding COVID-19 safety in the workplace in Scotland. Working closely with Construction Scotland Innovation Centre (CSIC), which links business, university experts and public sector providers, the Forum has introduced the Be COVID Smart training and learning programme.
- Educating those working on site, in homes or in places of learning.
- Encouraging the use of safe working and learning.
- Empowering the construction workforce to call out unsafe behaviour.
Iain McCaskey, Head of the CICV Forum Skills Group, who is leading the programme, says: “The Forum had identified the need not only for a safe return to work but also for reassurance for apprentices their families and employers.
“This innovative learning solution will not only raise awareness of safety in the current climate but also identify and test the user’s knowledge of the necessary steps to take to protect themselves and others.”
This article originally appeared on the ECA website under the headline, 'CICV launches COVID toolkit'. It was published on 13 November 2020.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Articles by the Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA).
- Coronavirus and the construction industry.
- Engineering services bodies issue coronavirus site safety guides.
- Keeping commercial premises safe during extreme times.
- Re-starting construction in a COVID-19 environment.
- Social distancing compliance marshal.
- Social distancing on construction sites.
- The Importance of Health and Safety Training.
 External resources
Featured articles and news
From inns and coaching houses to boutiques.
Survey reveals green skills gap.
America's economic collapse produced scores of PWA Moderne projects.
The benefits of glowing aggregates and cement.
Urgent need for open communication to address mental health issues.
Guidance offered on COVID-19 green recovery, building safety and more.
Providing strength and support above the joists.
Enforcer will test and investigate product safety.
Underfloor air conditioning comes to 24 St James's Square.
Consultation on public right to buy unused public property.
IHBC resource offers improved consistency.
New laws to ‘retain and explain’ historic statues.