- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 12 Sep 2023
ECA Project Net Zero roadshow
ECA is hosting the #ProjectNetZero Roadshow to give ECA Members an advantage in a growing market. As the demand for low-carbon and net zero work increases, electrical and engineering services contractors play a more important role than ever in delivering the installations that will make Net Zero possible.
Leading industry experts from ECA, which represents nearly 3,000 member businesses across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, will be visiting towns and cities across the UK to deliver full-day events packed with presentations, demonstrations and panel discussions for ECA Members. The Roadshow is supported by Gold Sponsors Luceco, UK Greentech, and Eaton.
 Comment about the role of renewables
“Renewable energy accounted for nearly 40% of the energy provided to the UK electricity grid in 2022, just drawing ahead of fossil fuel energy. Electrotechnical contractors have a major role to play in continuing this transition.
“Contractors simply cannot afford to fall behind in this fast-moving and emerging market. It is important that our buildings, infrastructure and grid are equipped to handle new energy demands, low-carbon installations, and fluctuating loads, the likes of which our current network is not accustomed to. That’s the mission we aim to accomplish with our #ProjectNetZero Roadshow.”
- Economic, social and environmental drivers behind the growth in the low-carbon sector.
- Adapting your business model - How your business can benefit and grow through new opportunities and stay ahead of the competition.
- Upskilling and managing your workforce -The importance and requirements for delivering low carbon and energy efficiency services.
- Understanding the supply chain - How manufacturers and distributers are investing in delivering low-carbon products, services and support.
- Actuate UK issues climate warning and urges action.
- Aligning net zero with the levelling-up agenda.
- A zero-carbon UK by 2050?
- Carbon footprint.
- Climate Change Act.
- Construction skills crisis threatens UK net zero goals.
- CO2nstruct Zero programme grows to over 70 businesses.
- Fabric first investigation into net zero for existing buildings.
- Heat pumps and heat waves: How overheating complicates ending gas in the UK.
- Infrastructure carbon reduction misses net-zero target.
- Low or zero carbon technologies.
- Nearly zero-energy building.
- Net Zero All Party Parliamentary Group NZ APPG.
- Net zero (whole life) carbon.
- Net zero strategy: build back greener.
- Planning the infrastructure transition to net-zero.
- Skilled workforce unable to meet net zero ambitions.
- Smoothing the path to net zero.
- Thermal imaging of the building fabric in the net zero world.
- Transform to Net Zero.
Featured articles and news
Fropm practice to research and the business of materials.
Terms, histories, theories and practices.
Alteration and everything else before demolition.
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.
Rates freeze, NI cuts, full expensing; early election?
Could this be a remedy for condensation, damp or mould?
Unlocking a Healthier Tomorrow
Call for ministerial group and National Retrofit Delivery Plan.
The Great Transformation 1860–1920. Book review.
Including the devolved governments, CIOB, ECA, APM and IHBC.
AT awards small to medium size project category winner.
Formal and informal adaptive re-use or new use of buildings.
Temperatures hit new highs, yet world fails to cut emissions (again).