- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 23 Feb 2021
Transform to Net Zero
Founding members in the initiative include A.P. Moller - Maersk, Danone, Mercedes-Benz AG, Microsoft Corp., Natura & Co, NIKE, Inc., Starbucks, Unilever and Wipr. The Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is also participating in the programme. BSR (Business for Social Responsibility) is acting as the Secretariat for the Initiative.
The work will concentrate on nine principles:
- Transforming through action, including corporate strategy, governance and accountability, finance and operations, risk management, procurement, innovation and R&D, marketing and public affairs.
- Leading through science and best practices to improve the quality and availability of research and deliver the highest return for the climate on investment.
- Leveraging existing efforts through open collaboration with existing net zero initiatives.
- Providing strong governance and oversight by developing innovative products, services and business models.
- Delivering robust reduction and removal across the extended enterprise including impact of products and services and supply chain.
- Investing in innovation to accelerate innovation to achieve net zero transformation.
- Engaging in policy that enables and accelerates progress towards net zero.
- Providing transparency and accountability and sharing information with all stakeholders.
- Transitioning in a just and sustainable way that acknowledges the impact of climate change on marginalised groups and low-income communities.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Carbon negative.
- Corporate social responsibility in construction.
- Environmental - sustainable - green design.
- Low or zero carbon technologies.
- Net zero carbon 2050.
Featured articles and news
Standard will help employers foster wellbeing and manage psychosocial risks.
Global fire standards for safety of people and property.
An introduction to the 5 core principles of lean.
Can the profession use its skills to save the world from climate change?
How faulty science resulted in sanitation reform.
Improving facilities, accessibility and overall appearance.
Free download of TG 12/2021 available.
TESP works with The Youth Group to form skill sharing network.
Big tech collaborates on platform for the built environment.
Letter signed by 21 organisations sent to MHCLG.
A look at the Government's strategic approach.
Steps to help reduce the spread of infection inside buildings.
This social media-centred hobby can be both dangerous and illegal.
Millwork wall treatment with a long and illustrious history.
Click the button to subscribe.