- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 29 Jul 2020
Transform to Net Zero
Founding members in the initiative include A.P. Moller - Maersk, Danone, Mercedes-Benz AG, Microsoft Corp., Natura & Co, NIKE, Inc., Starbucks, Unilever and Wipr. The Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is also participating in the programme. BSR (Business for Social Responsibility) is acting as the Secretariat for the Initiative.
The work will concentrate on nine principles:
- Transforming through action, including corporate strategy, governance and accountability, finance and operations, risk management, procurement, innovation and R&D, marketing and public affairs.
- Leading through science and best practices to improve the quality and availability of research and deliver the highest return for the climate on investment.
- Leveraging existing efforts through open collaboration with existing net zero initiatives.
- Providing strong governance and oversight by developing innovative products, services and business models.
- Delivering robust reduction and removal across the extended enterprise including impact of products and services and supply chain.
- Investing in innovation to accelerate innovation to achieve net zero transformation.
- Engaging in policy that enables and accelerates progress towards net zero.
- Providing transparency and accountability and sharing information with all stakeholders.
- Transitioning in a just and sustainable way that acknowledges the impact of climate change on marginalised groups and low-income communities.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Carbon negative.
- Corporate social responsibility in construction.
- Environmental - sustainable - green design.
- Low or zero carbon technologies.
- Net zero carbon 2050.
 External resources
Featured articles and news
The hidden price of infrastructure.
BREEAM incorporates wellbeing into its Building Back Better programme.
Administration signals policy changes on some building-related issues.
From inns and coaching houses to boutiques.
Survey reveals green skills gap.
America's economic collapse produced scores of PWA Moderne projects.
The benefits of glowing aggregates and cement.
Urgent need for open communication to address mental health issues.
Guidance offered on COVID-19 green recovery, building safety and more.
Providing strength and support above the joists.
Enforcer will test and investigate product safety.