- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 16 May 2023
Corrigendum to the 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and BSI have published a new Corrigendum to the 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS 7671:2018+A2:2022).
Gary Parker, Senior Technical Manager at ECA, said:
“This corrigendum introduces several small, but very important, changes to the Wiring Regulations which ECA Members and the wider industry need to be aware of. Among these is a change to protected escape route requirements, SPD requirements, and a brand-new regulation relating to protected escape routes for medical locations.
ECA’s industry-leading Technical Team offers unrivalled support across a wide range of electrotechnical activities. ECA Members can access exclusive application guides, editable certificates, guidance notes, technical bulletins, and access to the ECA Technical Helpline.
Learn more about ECA Technical support, including support with AMD2 and the 18th Edition, here.
Areas of change include:
- Regulation 422.2 has been amended to clarify the scope of the provision.
- Indent (ii) of Regulation 443.4.1 has been removed. The term safety service, formerly included in Regulation 443.4.1 (ii), encompassed a wide range of systems. The provision, therefore, had unintended consequences for improvements to fire safety systems within installations.
- Table 443.2 and the Note to Regulation [IP address hidden] have been amended to remove examples of equipment.
- Regulation 701.1 has been amended to remove the reference to birthing pools.
- A new Regulation, [IP address hidden], has been included in order to modify requirements in Regulation group 422.2 for protected escape routes in healthcare facilities.
This article was issued via Press Release as "ECA welcomes Corrigendum to 18th Edition Wiring Regulations", and also available from the ECA News and blog site, dated May 15.
Featured articles and news
Fropm practice to research and the business of materials.
Terms, histories, theories and practices.
Alteration and everything else before demolition.
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.
Rates freeze, NI cuts, full expensing; early election?
Could this be a remedy for condensation, damp or mould?
Unlocking a Healthier Tomorrow
Call for ministerial group and National Retrofit Delivery Plan.
The Great Transformation 1860–1920. Book review.
Including the devolved governments, CIOB, ECA, APM and IHBC.
AT awards small to medium size project category winner.
Formal and informal adaptive re-use or new use of buildings.
Temperatures hit new highs, yet world fails to cut emissions (again).