- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 19 Sep 2023
FSA welcomes Building Safety updates
These include the technical changes to the Building Regulations and a new regime for the design and construction of higher-risk buildings (HRBs). They also provide details of the new in-occupation safety regime for HRBs.
“These changes reflect the greater demands being placed on fire and security system installers to be more competent. They also bring much-needed clarity to the roles of principal designers and contractors when implementing the new safety regime – it is now clearer who is responsible for what, and when. This encourages accountability, raises standards, and ultimately makes buildings safer for residents.”
“The FSA and ECA contributed significantly to Dame Hackitt’s report, Building a Safer Future, and I am heartened to see our recommendations taking shape and the golden thread concept becoming a reality.”
FSA Members and ECA Members who work in HRBs are advised to read the exclusive guidance notes provided at www.eca.co.uk. Members and engineering services contractors in the wider industry should make themselves familiar with the specific detailed requirements contained within the regulations.
This article was issued via Press Release as "FSA welcomes Building Safety updates " dated September 15, 2023.
- Building Safety Act 2022.
- Building safety bill.
- CIAT raises concerns about Building Safety Bill.
- CIOB responds to Newsnight report - Trapped: the UK's building safety crisis.
- CIOB reviews the Building Safety Bill.
- ECA calls for stronger competency requirements in Building Safety Act.
- Fire safety bill.
- Golden thread.
- Grenfell Tower fire.
- Grenfell Tower Inquiry.
- Hackitt Review.
- New Regulations published under Building Safety Act.
- The Building Safety Bill and product testing.
- The Building Safety Bill - A Quality Response.
- The Building Safety Bill, regulations and competence.
- The golden thread and BS 8644-1.
- UK building control regime under the new Building Safety Act regulations.
Featured articles and news
From the basics to the future from our Cohesive BIM wiki.
As electrical sector feels skills shortage bite.
CIOB Academy’s course take-up inked to external factors.
Q and A with self-representing artist, Hannah Shergold.
And publishes three-year strategic plan.
Introducing changes to make it more effective from 2024.
Shortlist announced for 2023 public choice award vote.
The last of the Victorians. Book review.
An exotic name that is shrouded in mystery.
Fropm practice to research and the business of materials.
Terms, histories, theories and practices.
Alteration and everything else before demolition.
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.