- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 15 May 2018
The following articles were created with content sourced from the Chartered Institute of Building.
- 3D MOVE: Mobile Immersive Visualisation Environment.
- All-in rates.
- Approved contractor.
- BIM Development for the Crossrail Farringdon Station.
- BIM-Hub, Educating Future Built Environment Professionals to Work in BIM Environment.
- Bowen Jenkins Legacy Research Fund.
- Building a fairer system: Tackling modern day slavery.
- Building in Quality: Joint Memorandum of Understanding.
- Chaos theory.
- CIOB 2017 manifesto.
- CIOB academy.
- CIOB and Stronger Together.
- CIOB Building Conservation Certification Scheme.
- CIOB Commission of Past Presidents.
- CIOB International innovation and research awards 2016.
- CIOB join Build UK.
- Client commissioning of construction works.
- Code of Estimating Practice.
- Code of practice for programme management.
- Code of practice for project management.
- Commissioning v testing.
- Comparing the fit between BREEAM assessment and design processes.
- Complex projects contract CPC 2013.
- Complexity theory.
- Computers in building design.
- Computers in construction tendering.
- Computers in the management of construction.
- Construction and the Modern Slavery Act.
- Construction efficiency: A tale of two developed countries.
- Construction organisation design.
- Construction site personnel.
- Cost control in building design and construction.
- Craft your Future.
- Critical path method CPM.
- Design management plan.
- Does NEC3 aid collaboration in construction?
- Effect of safety investments on safety performance of building projects.
- Ex gratis payment.
- Exploring the impact of the ageing population on the workforce and built environment.
- Flagship first project for CPC 2013.
- Fuzzy logic.
- Gantt chart.
- Guide to good practice in the management of time in major projects: Dynamic time modelling.
- Head office overheads.
- Icynene spray foam insulation.
- Improving the Safety of Single Carriageways in Northern Ireland.
- Inspiring the future initiative for schools.
- Japanese construction contractors in the international market.
- Masterminds of Construction.
- Modelling building construction durations in Nigeria.
- Modern slavery toolkit.
- New code of estimating practice.
- One CIOB.
- Overcoming difficulties in construction value management.
- Productivity in building design and construction.
- Productivity in construction: Creating a framework for the industry to thrive.
- Project manager's report for building design and construction.
- Project overheads.
- Quality control for construction works.
- Risk identification and allocation of Singapore construction joint venture projects with developing countries.
- Risk management.
- Scheduling construction activities.
- Site personnel.
- Site Reconnaissance App SRAp.
- Site selection and acquisition for construction.
- Social mobility and construction: Building routes to opportunity.
- Tender works programme.
- The changing form of building worldwide 1984.
- The effectiveness of current smart home technologies to improve energy efficiency.
- The history of human resource management.
- Think Construction toolkit.
- Time and cost management contract TCM15.
- Types of construction organisations.
- UtterBerry intelligent wireless sensor system.
- Value engineering in building design and construction.
- Value in building design and construction.
- Value management in building design and construction.
- Value management techniques for building design and construction.
Featured articles and news
Gustavo Giovannoni’s role in integrating modern planning requirements into historic town centres.
Against Hackitt's recommendations, the government are to consult on combustible cladding ban.
People or density - can we create urban liveability at ever-increasing densities?
3D printing is the computer-controlled sequential layering of materials to create 3D shapes.
Hackitt review calls for a radical rethink of the whole system and how it works.
Life cycle assessment is used to total up the environmental impact of a product’s supply chain. But why building LCA?
The government warns building owners of a performance issue with Grenfell fire doors.
Ramboll discusses how digitisation is contributing to how they design, engineer and construct in new and different ways.
'Carillion could happen again, and soon' is the stark warning from the heavily critical final report into Carillion's collapse.
In the wake of British architect Will Alsop's death, read about one of his most distinctive buildings.