- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 25 Sep 2020
The following articles were created with content sourced from the Chartered Institute of Building.
- CIOB reacts to 2020 Winter Economy Plan. September 2020.
- Finalists announced for CIOB Rising Star Award 2020. August 2020.
- Government urged to include home energy retrofits in Industrial Strategy. August 2020.
- CIOB president sees change ahead. June 2020.
- UK BIM Alliance and CIOB join forces. June 2020.
- Construction sites urged to integrate test and trace. June 2020.
- Understanding mental health in the built environment. May 2020.
- Quality policy. May 2020
- The CIOB welcomes assurance of Exchequer-funded capital projects in Ireland. Apr 2020
- Northern Ireland construction output Q4 2019. Apr 2020
- BEIS Reforming Regulation Initiative. Apr 2020
- Proposed changes: MHCLG consultation on house building statistics. Apr 2020
- CIOB urges construction industry to share PPE with healthcare providers. Mar 2020
- Construction output and GDP for quarter 4 2019. Feb 2020
- Auction theory. July 2019
- CIOB quality management code. Sep 2019
- CIOB response to 'Building a Safer Future' consultation. Aug 2019
- CIOB Value of Construction: Scotland report. Jun 2019
- Time and cost management contract suite. May 2019
- What does the Northern Powerhouse mean for us?. May 2019
- Invest in getting estimates right. Apr 2019
- Modern slavery in the construction sector. Apr 2019
- Balance for Better: Why lack of diversity is an issue for everyone. Mar 2019
- Research and development tax credits. Feb 2019
- Combined action needed to tackle severe skills shortages. Feb 2019
- The Role of Security in the Construction Industry. Feb 2019
- Development schedule. Jan 2019
- Improving quality in the built environment. Dec 2018
- CIOB Chief Executive announces retirement. Nov 2018
- Construction quality management course. Sep 2018
- Sustainable construction and development online course. Aug 2018
- Aircrete blocks. Jul 2018
- Construction and the Modern Slavery Act. May 2018
- Building in Quality: Joint Memorandum of Understanding. Mar 2018
- Guide to good practice in the management of time in major projects: Dynamic time modelling. Feb 2018
- CIOB and Stronger Together. Oct 2017
- CIOB Building Conservation Certification Scheme. Jun 2017
- CIOB Commission of Past Presidents. Jun 2017
- CIOB 2017 manifesto. May 2017
- Think Construction toolkit. May 2017
- CIOB join Build UK. Mar 2017
- Modern slavery toolkit. Feb 2017
- One CIOB. Jan 2017
- All-in rates. Dec 2016
- Approved contractor. Dec 2016
- Code of Estimating Practice. Dec 2016
- Consortium. Dec 2016
- Head office overheads. Dec 2016
- Mark-up. Dec 2016
- Masterminds of Construction. Dec 2016
- New code of estimating practice. Dec 2016
- Project overheads. Dec 2016
- Social mobility and construction: Building routes to opportunity. Dec 2016
- Tender works programme. Dec 2016
- CIOB academy. Nov 2016
- Code of practice for programme management. Sep 2016
- Code of practice for project management. Sep 2016
- The changing form of building worldwide 1984. Sep 2016
- Building a fairer system: Tackling modern day slavery. Jul 2016
- CIOB International innovation and research awards 2016. Jul 2016
- Craft your Future. May 2016
- Productivity in construction: Creating a framework for the industry to thrive. May 2016
- Exploring the impact of the ageing population on the workforce and built environment. Dec 2015
- The effectiveness of current smart home technologies to improve energy efficiency. Sep 2015
- 3D MOVE: Mobile Immersive Visualisation Environment. May 2015
- BIM Development for the Crossrail Farringdon Station. May 2015
- BIM-Hub, Educating Future Built Environment Professionals to Work in BIM Environment. May 2015
- Comparing the fit between BREEAM assessment and design processes. May 2015
- Construction efficiency: A tale of two developed countries. May 2015
- Does NEC3 aid collaboration in construction?. May 2015
- Effect of safety investments on safety performance of building projects. May 2015
- Icynene spray foam insulation. May 2015
- Improving the Safety of Single Carriageways in Northern Ireland. May 2015
- Inspiring the future initiative for schools. May 2015
- Japanese construction contractors in the international market. May 2015
- Modelling building construction durations in Nigeria. May 2015
- Oxypod. May 2015
- Q-Bot. May 2015
- Risk identification and allocation of Singapore construction joint venture projects with developing countries. May 2015
- Site Reconnaissance App SRAp. May 2015
- The history of human resource management. May 2015
- UtterBerry intelligent wireless sensor system. May 2015
- Bowen Jenkins Legacy Research Fund. Mar 2015
- Flagship first project for CPC 2013. Feb 2015
- Biomimicry. Mar 2014
- Chaos theory. Mar 2014
- Complexity theory. Mar 2014
- Fuzzy logic. Mar 2014
- Construction site personnel. Nov 2013
- Quality control for construction works. Nov 2013
- Site personnel. Nov 2013
- Client commissioning of construction works. Oct 2013
- Commissioning v testing. Oct 2013
- Computers in building design. Oct 2013
- Computers in construction tendering. Oct 2013
- Computers in the management of construction. Oct 2013
- Critical path method CPM. Oct 2013
- Ex gratis payment. Oct 2013
- Gantt chart. Oct 2013
- Overcoming difficulties in construction value management. Oct 2013
- Project manager's report for building design and construction. Oct 2013
- Scheduling construction activities. Oct 2013
- Productivity in building design and construction. Sep 2013
- Cost control in building design and construction. Sep 2013
- Design management plan. Sep 2013
- Site selection and acquisition for construction. Sep 2013
- Value engineering in building design and construction. Sep 2013
- Value in building design and construction. Sep 2013
- Value management techniques for building design and construction. Sep 2013
- Complex projects contract CPC 2013. Aug 2013
- Construction organisation design. Aug 2013
- Types of construction organisations. Aug 2013
- Time and cost management contract TCM15. Apr 2013
- Risk management. Nov 2011
- Value management in building design and construction. Nov 2011
Featured articles and news
A guide to daylight design for commercial buildings.
ECA research shows lack of preparation amongst survey respondents.
Smart mapping approaches for building better infrastructure.
The importance of emergency planning.
Eight forms of resource optimisation.
CIOB responds to Chancellor Sunak's announcement on jobs and the economy.
Revised guide to competition rules available.
Brick slip soffit systems and intricate brick features.
An innovative engineering approach could have had tragic consequence for NYC.
Some secrets behind how canals work.
Breaking down possible steps of pre-contract management.
ICE event includes comments from Welsh Government Minister Julie James.