The Chartered Institute of Building. Construction Management Profession
The Chartered Institute of Building is at the heart of a management career in construction.
We offer you the most direct route to a management career in construction. Join us and you join the largest professional network of its kind spanning the globe.
Our aim is to advance construction management education, underpinned by science and a wealth of experience of the development, conservation and improvement of the built environment.
To find out more, visit our website http://www.ciob.org/
Articles created with content supplied by the Chartered Institute of Building include:
- 3D MOVE: Mobile Immersive Visualisation Environment.
- BIM-Hub, Educating Future Built Environment Professionals to Work in BIM Environment.
- BIM Development for the Crossrail Farringdon Station.
- Bowen Jenkins Legacy Research Fund.
- Building a fairer system: Tackling modern day slavery.
- Chaos theory.
- CIOB Academy.
- CIOB competition.
- CIOB competition winners.
- CIOB International innovation and research awards 2016.
- Client commissioning.
- Code of practice for project management.
- Code of practice for programme management.
- Commissioning v testing.
- Comparing the fit between BREEAM assessment and design processes.
- Complex projects contract CPC 2013.
- Complexity theory.
- Computers in building design.
- Computers in tendering.
- Computers in the management of construction.
- Construction efficiency: A tale of two developed countries.
- Construction organisation design.
- Cost control.
- Craft your Future.
- Critical path method.
- Design management plan.
- Does NEC3 aid collaboration in construction?
- Effect of safety investments on safety performance of building projects.
- Ex gratis payment.
- Exploring the impact of the ageing population on the workforce and built environment.
- Flagship first project for CPC 2013.
- Fuzzy logic.
- Gantt chart.
- Icynene spray foam insulation.
- Improving the Safety of Single Carriageways in Northern Ireland.
- Inspiring the future initiative for schools.
- Japanese construction contractors in the international market.
- Modelling building construction durations in Nigeria.
- Overcoming difficulties in value management.
- Productivity in construction: Creating a framework for the industry to thrive.
- Project manager's report.
- Quality control.
- Risk identification and allocation of Singapore construction joint venture projects with developing countries.
- Risk management.
- Scheduling construction activities.
- Site Reconnaissance App SRAp.
- Site selection and acquisition.
- Site personnel.
- The changing form of building worldwide 1984.
- The effectiveness of current smart home technologies to improve energy efficiency.
- The history of human resource management.
- Time and cost management contract TCM15.
- Types of construction organisations.
- UtterBerry intelligent wireless sensor system.
- Value engineering.
- Value management.
- Value management techniques.
Featured articles and news
A new concept unveiled to tackle the lack of sports facilities in inner cities.
'Open hand' designs revealed for a new entertainment complex in China.
Modernist architecture and its many international variations explained.
BRE support Europe-wide strategic heating plans for local and national authorities.
Work set to begin on 'one of America's greatest parks', which will be 10 times bigger than Central Park.
One of our most popular articles - RSHP's Mike Davies writes about the concept design process.
As Cuba mourn the death of Castro, major renovation of this symbolic landmark may be a reflection of the country's fresh start.
How cannabis plants are used to create an alternative building material with plenty of advantages.
What does Mayor Sadiq Khan's first policy statement mean for London's infrastructure?
Bjarke Ingels Group announced as winners of design competition for new residential landmark in Amsterdam.