- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 24 Jan 2021
In 2016, The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) announced a rebrand known as ‘One CIOB’ following a reorganisation of the institute’s structure to improve communication with, and services to members.
As part of the re-organisation, 29 new UK and Ireland hubs were created to take over the work of the regional branches. The hubs are administrative centres with dedicated staff, budget and six elected committee members. They deliver events and services and engage with major employers, local government and education in their areas. However, they are not strictly geographically limited and members can join any hub.
CIOB suggest that local hubs will make the Institute:
- More accessible: Members can attend events wherever they want, join in online, plan and book ahead, and access resources online.
- More consistent and relevant: Core events and CPD will be delivered across the hubs as well as industry-specific and local content.
- More representative: There are opportunities to apply for committee roles, elect local committees, and develop better lines of communication.
- More externally focused: Committee members and staff will engage with their local areas.
Chris Blythe, chief executive of the CIOB, said “…this is all about how to better support local level members and giving them exactly the content they want. It’s using the most modern methods of communication and technology.”
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
A new gallery for the University of Huddersfield.
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.
The revised standard for mapping underground utilities.