- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 14 Nov 2023
Digital Transformation for SMEs: Unlocking the Benefits
This Technical Information Sheet provides a step-by-step guide to help SMEs assess their digital readiness, understand the options available and deliver a successful software rollout that provides a positive Return on Investment (ROI).
Available electronically and free to CIOB members. at https://www.ciobacademy.org/product/digital-transformation-for-smes-unlocking-the-benefits/
- Introduction: How can construction SMEs benefit from software?
- Making your business more effective
- How to determine what software you need
- Selecting a software provider
- Collaboration through software
- How to implement new technology within a business
- Ensuring that you get a positive ROI
- Managing your tools
- The future: scaling up your solution
- Case study: Burmor Construction
- Case study: Kori Construction
- Checklist – tasks that software can help with
 About the Author
Bluebeam, Inc. has made desktop, mobile and cloud-based solutions for paperless workflows that leverage PDF to improve project communication and streamline processes across the entire project lifecycle. Trusted by over 3 million individuals in more than 160 countries, Bluebeam’s solutions advance the way technical professionals work, manage and collaborate on projects digitally.
Dan Gerrella, Chart.PR, FCIPR (on behalf of Bluebeam) is a chartered public relations professional and technical author, writing on topics such as corporate reputation, community engagement, innovation in construction and crisis and issues management
This article appears on the CIOB Academy website as "Digital Transformation for SMEs: Unlocking the Benefits", dated November 10, 2023.
- Asset information.
- CIOB Articles.
- Construction Operations Building Information Exchange (COBie).
- Collaborative practices.
- Data drop.
- Digital transformation - engineers need to keep pace.
- Digital Transformation in the Construction Project Management Industry.
- Digital Transformation in Mechanical Design and Engineering.
- Digital transformation - overcoming barriers.
- Digital transformation - what does it mean?.
- Government Construction Strategy.
- Information manager.
- State of the nation: Digital transformation.
- Understanding the difficulties of digital transformation in construction.
Featured articles and news
Fropm practice to research and the business of materials.
Terms, histories, theories and practices.
Alteration and everything else before demolition.
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.
Rates freeze, NI cuts, full expensing; early election?
Could this be a remedy for condensation, damp or mould?
Unlocking a Healthier Tomorrow
Call for ministerial group and National Retrofit Delivery Plan.
The Great Transformation 1860–1920. Book review.
Including the devolved governments, CIOB, ECA, APM and IHBC.
AT awards small to medium size project category winner.
Formal and informal adaptive re-use or new use of buildings.
Temperatures hit new highs, yet world fails to cut emissions (again).