- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 30 Mar 2021
The term ‘software’ (SW or S/W) refers to the programs, data and other information that tell a computer about how it should work. The term was coined to distinguish software from ‘hardware’, that is, the physical components of a computer system.
Articles about software on Designing Buildings Wiki include:
- Approved building energy calculation software.
- Bill of quantities software.
- BIM engine software.
- Building drawing software.
- Building information modelling.
- Computer aided design.
- Computer aided manufacturing.
- Computer numerical control.
- Computer-generated imagery (CGI).
- Computers in building design.
- Computers in construction tendering.
- Floor plan designing software.
- Geographic information systems.
- Houzz Pro business software.
- Information and communications technology.
- Managed File Transfer (MFT) Software Market.
- Microsoft Project - software for project management.
- Signs you need construction project management software.
Featured articles and news
CIC 2050 Group requests input to find out priorities for future industry leaders.
IHBC publishes response to consultation.
Institute applauds funding initiatives but presses for additional retrofit and tax measures.
The switch from analogue to digital has begun.
The fourth industrial revolution is well underway.
Free online resource will offer guidance on conserving places and the planet during COP26.
Government allocates additional money for building new homes on derelict land.
Smart built environments can be designed around the requirements of real people.
Consistency is at the core of realistic strategies.