- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 30 Mar 2021
The term ‘software’ (SW or S/W) refers to the programs, data and other information that tell a computer about how it should work. The term was coined to distinguish software from ‘hardware’, that is, the physical components of a computer system.
Articles about software on Designing Buildings Wiki include:
- Approved building energy calculation software.
- Bill of quantities software.
- BIM engine software.
- Building drawing software.
- Building information modelling.
- Computer aided design.
- Computer aided manufacturing.
- Computer numerical control.
- Computer-generated imagery (CGI).
- Computers in building design.
- Computers in construction tendering.
- Floor plan designing software.
- Geographic information systems.
- Houzz Pro business software.
- Information and communications technology.
- Managed File Transfer (MFT) Software Market.
- Microsoft Project - software for project management.
- Signs you need construction project management software.
Featured articles and news
Tips for civil engineers and other construction professionals.
Updated credential recognition regulations introduced.
New disciplines that are worth keeping.
IHBC members encouraged to update violations database.
Non-obtrusive security sensors can help deter intruders.
Adopting a fabric first approach to efficiency.
Government emphasises training for construction and engineering trades.
ECA and SELECT offer assistance to members set back by delays.
The virtual learning event examines Historic Places - People Places.
Getting post-pandemic infrastructure on the right track.
One of England's grandest country houses.
Take just two minutes to provide your feedback.