Finalists announced for CIOB Rising Star Award 2020
The shortlist for the Chartered Institute of Building’s (CIOB) first ever Rising Star Award has been revealed. A total of 12 of the very best construction professionals at the beginning of their careers have been named in the shortlist.
The Rising Star Award is being run by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) for the first time in 2020 as an extension to their prestigious Construction Manager of the Year awards (CMYA). This brand new category is for rising stars who have been in the construction industry for seven years or less, and demonstrated excellence in their work, the industry and amongst their peers.
 Finalists revealed
- Kelly Attwood – Morgan Sindall
- Sam Bambury – Barratt London
- Vasiliki Bowler – Faithful + Gould
- Ellie Carswell – Faithful + Gould
- Annabel Clark – Faithful + Gould
- Cedric Fournier – Prime Pillar Group (Mauritius)
- Nicola Hodson MCIOB – Wates Group
- Graham Kinnear MCIOB – Graham Kinnear Property Consultant Ltd
- Mercy Ogunnusi MCIOB – Student & part-time lecturer at Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen
- Lindsey Platt MCIOB – Orbit Housing Association
- Benjamin Valliquette – Gillam Group (Toronto)
- Robert Watson – NHBC
Caroline Gumble, Chief Executive of the CIOB said:
"These awards are a wonderful way to acknowledge the hard work and dedication shown by the emerging talent in our industry. I’m thrilled that we had so many nominations for our first ever Rising Star award, and I’m looking forward to finding out who takes the title this year. My congratulations to everyone who’s made the shortlist.”
For the winners, see CIOB 2020 CMYA and Rising Stars Announced.
This article originally appeared under the title, 'Finalists announced for the Rising Star Award 2020' on the CIOB website. It was published on 7 August 2020.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Diversity, social value and skills
- Diversity and inclusion
- Skills and careers
- Social value
- Academic research
- A-Z of EDI: Definitions
- Building People 'Network of Networks'
- Building People platform
 Join in
Building People is bringing together the huge amount of resource that exists across the Built Environment industry, with a focus on diversity and inclusion, skills and careers, and social value.
We need your help to do this.
Have you got useful material to share? Do you know of information that would be helpful to others? If it is relevant to the Built Environment and to diversity, skills and social value, then it's relevant to others. Help them find it by using the guidelines below.
 Add your own content
- For guidance about writing and adding your own content see Get started - top tips and help.
- Some articles are more popular and useful than others. This article explains more.
- Make sure you use the right title as this helps search engines find it. See here for guidance.
- Add your signature to link readers to your profile.
- Tick the 'People' box when you submit the article - that way your content will appear in this Building People microsite.
- Finding it tricky? Contact us for assistance.