- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 20 Jan 2021
Bowen Jenkins Legacy Research Fund
In March 2015, the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) announced that a new fund, the Bowen Jenkins Legacy Research Fund, was open for applications.
The fund was established to enable the CIOB to support research projects in the built environment. It is intended to sponsor research relating to the quality of the built environment and the efficiency of the delivery process, to promote research to advance best practice, to support further knowledge development and support individuals in their career development.
Research subjects must be related to one of five areas:
- Sustainability in the built environment – especially in terms of the challenges posed to organisations and clients in meeting sustainability targets.
- Corporate social responsibility as applied to construction firms.
- Zero carbon - defining what this is and how to meet current targets.
- The application of digital technologies to the design, construction and operation of built facilities, including BIM and emerging innovative practices.
- Employment practices in the construction sector.
CIOB said, ‘We believe that constant research and development are essential requirements of construction professionals. Research not only allows individuals to question accepted practice, but also develops a culture of innovation and improvement.’
The fund is open to CIOB members and non-members internationally. Applications can be from individuals or individuals on behalf of their companies. The amount awarded for each research project is limited to between £2,000 and £10,000 for a duration of 1-2 years.
The application closing date was Friday 26 June 2015.
Featured articles and news
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.
The revised standard for mapping underground utilities.
Cross-industry steering group seeks support in delivery.