CIOB responds to CITB mental health and wellbeing report
The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) has responded to the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) report, 'Mental Health and Wellbeing'. The report was published in August 2021.
Daisie Rees-Evans, author of the Understanding Mental Health in the Built Environment report and Policy Officer at CIOB, said, “CIOB are pleased that CITB have launched their new mental health report which has gathered examples of best practice across the sector to inspire companies to accelerate their activities in this area before we lose more lives.
"We are glad to see that our research has been utilised to further develop the case for addressing mental health in construction, particularly at a time where the COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on so many lives during the past 18 months. Tackling mental ill health is a significant challenge that the industry, Government and professional bodies must work together as a collective to address the underlying issues and improve worker’s wellbeing.”
This article originally appeared on the CIOB website. It was published on 10 August 2021.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Building up wellbeing in construction
- CIOB articles.
- Construction Industry Training Board CITB.
- COVID-19 and mental health within construction firms.
- Mental health and wellbeing.
- Mental health in the construction industry.
- Tackling mental health issues in construction.
- Understanding mental health in the built environment.