BRE Buzz articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- 11 things you didn't know about wood. Aug 2016.
- 3D printed Cool Bricks. November 2015.
- Algae. Sept 2016
- Architecture and the need for innovation. April 2016
- Are electric bikes the future? Dec 2016
- Assessing the environmental impacts of construction. Aug 2016
- Assessing the performance of Phase Change Materials in buildings. Dec 2016
- BRE Buzz. January 2016.
- BRE Buzz articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- BRE flood resilient repair project. December 2015.
- BRE response to Farmer Review. Oct 2016
- BRE response to Government Construction Strategy 2016-20. March 2016.
- BREEAM In Use International. March 2016.
- BREEAM Retail prize. June 2016.
- BREEAM USA. Oct 2016
- BREEAM value increases while costs reduce. March 2016.
- BRE SMARTWaste John Muir release. April 2016.
- Damp in buildings. July 2016.
- Design for deconstruction, BRE modular show house. December 2015.
- Design for deconstruction, office building. February 2016.
- Design for deconstruction, ski slope. March 2016.
- Developing system intelligence for optimising building electricity networks. November 2015.
- Do green buildings pay? November 2015.
- Environmental product declaration. November 2015.
- Environmental Technologies Verification (ETV). November 2016
- Excel and construction. December 2016
- Future of construction insurance. December 2016
- Health and wellbeing at King's Cross. August 2016.
- Heat metering. Jan 2017.
- How data can stop waste. Oct 2016
- Improving construction and demolition waste data. Jan 2017
- Independent certification of homes. Sept 2016
- Iran - market potential for BREEAM. June 2016.
- Modern Slavery Act and sustainable supply chains. December 2015.
- Open data - how can it aid the development of the construction industry? December 2015.
- Overheating - assessment protocol. July 2016.
- Pre-demolition audit. March 2016.
- Pre-demolition and pre-refurbishment audits. November 2015.
- Preventing overheating. July 2016.
- Project SHOUT. November 2015.
- Qualitative research and the built environment. January 2016
- Radon. November 2015.
- Research on novel cements to reduce CO2 emissions. August 2016.
- Security and the built environment. July 2016
- Smart facades. November 2015.
- SMARTWaste Case Study Interview: Canary Wharf Contractors Limited. May 2016
- Strategic ecology framework SEF. May 2016.
- Stratego project. December 2016
- The Hive. November 2015.
- The rewards of complying with BIM Level 2. February 2016
- Use of lighting to improve health and wellbeing. November 2015.
- Wellbeing and creativity in workplace design - case studies. February 2016.
Featured articles and news
Mental health issues effect 80% of construction workers. Read our interview with the founders of a new wellbeing initiative.
Would Stephenson be disappointed by the lack of progress on the high speed transport of Hyperloop?
The immersive pop-up cinema experience that could revolutionise on-site health and safety training.
5 out of 10 filtering facepieces fail HSE tests.
Eleven Magazine announce the winner and runners-up in their Moontopia competition.
As January is the time for hitting the gym, Designing Buildings Wiki lists the best gym architecture in the world.
London is at the top of the list of global construction megacities, beating Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
What are the innovative business models of the future, and how to incentivise supply chains to work on a whole life basis?
One of the largest churches in the world, the monumental St. Peter's Basilica.
Christiania is an anarchist 'freetown' in Copenhagen where strange and experimental architecture has flourished.