- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 12 Jun 2020
The term 'electricity' refers to the presence and flow of an electric charge. The most common form is that which is used to power appliances, machines and devices by the flow of electrons through conductors such as copper wires.
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations.
- Amendment 3 BS 7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations IET Wiring
- Approved Document P
- Approved document R
- Are electric bikes the future?
- Battery energy storage systems with grid-connected solar photovoltaics BR 514
- Battery storage
- Building an electrical grid for our times.
- Can we keep the lights on
- Changing patterns in domestic energy use FB 76
- Combined heat and power
- Community energy network
- Consumer electronics
- Consumer unit
- Creating a smarter, more flexible energy system
- DC electricity networks
- DC isolators for photovoltaic systems (FB 68)
- Developing system intelligence for optimising building electricity networks
- Domestic heat pumps and the electricity supply system
- Domestic micro-generation
- ECA 2018 Apprentice of the Year
- ECA articles
- EIC apprentice support programme
- Electric lock
- Electric motor
- Electric vehicles
- Electrical appliance
- Electrical component
- Electrical consumption
- Electrical control systems
- Electrical drawing
- Electrical energy
- Electrical engineer
- Electrical equipment
- Electrical installation
- Electrical power
- Electrical safety
- Electrical safety in the private rented sector.
- Electrical system
- Electrical wiring
- Electricity bill
- Electricity supply
- Electromagnetic field
- Energy harvesting
- Energy storage
- Energy storage - the missing piece?
- Energy storage in buildings - a technology overview BG73 2018
- Faraday Challenge
- Feed in tariff
- Flexible electrical networks for a low carbon future
- Formula E drives electric vehicle market forward
- Fuel cell
- Future of electricity in domestic buildings
- Glossary of electrical terms
- High-speed electronic communication network
- How the Electrical Industries Charity helps tackle domestic abuse
- IET Wiring Regulations
- In-building wireless
- Information and communications technology
- Internet of things
- Kilowatt hour
- Large scale solar thermal energy
- Local area network
- Making the most of renewable energy systems DG 531
- On-site generation of heat and power
- Power factor
- Power generation
- Power over ethernet
- Power over USB
- Protected circuit
- PV inverter
- Renewable energy
- Smart buildings
- Smart cities
- Smart meter owners report higher, not lower, bills
- Smart technology
- Solar photovoltaics
- Subsidy-free low carbon electricity
- Sustainable development: energy challenge
- The future of electricity in domestic buildings
- The future of UK power generation
- The UK's low-carbon future is increasingly electric
- The use of batteries to store electricity for buildings
- Tidal lagoon power
- Types of fuel cells
- Ubiquitous sensors to assess energy consumption and wellbeing in domestic environments
- Uninterrupted power supply for buildings
- Why the UK needs to support emerging tech like energy storage
- Will we burn fossil fuels to power wind turbines in the future?
- Wind Energy in the United Kingdom
- Wind farm
- Wind turbine
- Wireless electric highways
Featured articles and news
Wall covering used to insulate rooms and fight against rising damp.
New eligibility criteria for EU nationals explained.
Click and lock flooring.
Recovery Advice for Business scheme launches.
Insight paper examines nuclear and net zero goals.
Suburban Americana with a secret past.
New planning rules to protect theatres, concert halls and music venues.
Public engagement in London Borough of Enfield's heritage strategy.
Engineering services in the spotlight.
The Government's Summer 2020 economic update.
Getting organised below the surface.
Securing suitable water systems.