- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 21 Jan 2020
Diversity, equality and opportunities in the construction industry
This article provides a list of articles about diversity, equality and career opportunities in the construction industry.
 Diversity and equality
- A Blueprint for Change report.
- Balance for better: why lack of diversity is an issue for everyone.
- Boardroom to building site skills gap survey.
- Civil engineering and language.
- Diversity in regeneration.
- Diversity in the construction industry. Building Site to Boardroom (BS2B).
- Equal opportunities policy.
- Equality Act.
- Inclusivity in engineering.
- Interview with Carol Lynch, CYT.
- London build: the talent pool in the lgbt community.
- Making cities more gender inclusive.
- Protected characteristics.
- To attract the right talent, offering flexibility and work-life balance will be essential.
- UandI Think event - The Age of No Retirement.
 Women in construction
- Gender pay gap in construction.
- How to encourage women into engineering.
- International Women in Engineering Day 2018.
- International Women's Day 2017.
- Interview with Harriet Latimer - Graduate Design Engineer.
- Why so many women leave engineering.
- Women in Construction – the critical solution to a skills shortage.
- Women in the construction industry.
- Eight ways to win the fight for talent in construction.
- Five ways mentoring can benefit a career.
- National Infrastructure Plan for Skills.
- Perkins review.
- Recruiting and retaining talent in the construction industry.
- Skills shortage and Brexit.
- Skills shortage.
- Skills shortages lead to wages rise.
- Skills to build.
- Tackling the construction skills shortage.
- Apprenticeships come of age
- Apprenticeships levy.
- BSRIA call for more vocational training
- Construction apprentice earnings.
- Construction Industry Training Board CITB.
- EIC apprentice support programme.
- Protection for apprenticeships.
 Careers in the construction industry
- Access consultant.
- Acoustic consultant.
- Approved inspector.
- Business management consultant.
- Careers in the electrotechnical industry.
- Chartered environmentalist.
- Civil engineer.
- Clerk of works.
- Client design adviser.
- Client's representative.
- Construction manager.
- Consulting engineer.
- Contract administrator.
- Employer's agent.
- Employer's BIM adviser.
- Environmental consultant.
- Facilities manager.
- Fire engineering consultant.
- Furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) consultant.
- Health and safety consultant.
- How to become a civil engineer
- How to become a civil engineer.
- How to become a construction manager
- How to become a quantity surveyor
- How to become an arbitrator
- How to become an architect
- How to become an engineer
- Information and communications technology (ICT) consultant.
- Interior designer.
- Landscape architect.
- Lighting designer.
- Local consultants.
- Management contractor.
- Party wall surveyor.
- Planning consultant.
- Programme consultant.
- Public health consultant.
- Rights of light surveyor.
- Security consultant.
- Site inspector.
- Specialist contractor.
- Structural waterproofing consultant.
- Traffic engineer.
- Wet trades.
- What engineers really do for a living.
Featured articles and news
Five signs you are at risk.
Biotechnology as it applies to the built environment.
Stopping sound coming through windows.
Government response to the Building a Safer Future consultation.
Energy savings quickly payback any small additional capital investment.
Overbuild and air-space developments.
Airports National Policy Statement and its impact on infrastructure.
Organisations will collaborate on infrastructure initiatives.
Technology informs procurement and planning practices.
BSRIA releases market sector growth projections.
Designing for durability and resilience.