- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 15 Jun 2022
Green Formwork System
 What is Luriel green formwork? - Specifications of formwork
Luriel Green Formwork System is an advance steel framing panel-prop formwork system which allows early striking operation. It provides a suitable formwork solution to most concrete structures and components and meets the general requirements of different construction methods and conditions.
Today, formwork and shoring systems are integral parts in formwork construction. It is also the foremost important trade in the reinforced concrete construction works implementation which leads and determines the smooth flow of all subsequence construction activities. With the increased emphasis on large infrastructure building and high-rise construction, the need for efficient formwork and shoring systems has grown. Building construction formwork plays an import role in the whole project. To choose what kind of the building formwork is also crucial.
As a slab formwork system,Luriel GREEN FORMWORK panelized slab formwork allows fast as well as safe forming operations with a systematic assembly sequence. The low weight of the panels, compact dimensions and practical design of the system components facilitate non-tiring and ergonomic working operations. It has been designed for standard use in constructing slabs with thicknesses up to 30 cm. GREEN FORMWORK 's range of applications extends from residential construction through to real estate construction projects.
The systematic assembly sequence and lightweight system components made of steel accelerate working operations. In addition, the possibility of early stripping with the drophead system reduces on-site material requirements. For concrete formwork construction, striking concrete formwork will boost the construction schedule.
A further advantage is the easy horizontal transportation of formwork materials as the small prop requirements ensure more freedom of movement under the slab formwork. At the same time, green formwork is capable of working with other system like wall formwork systems.
 Early stripping mechanism
Based on the concept of IBS Construction, green formwork , a panel-prop concrete formwork system with early-striking mechanism has been developed. It is a puzzle style system, which offers faster erection and stripping time than conventional shoring systems, directly increases financial return.
Thanks to the early-striking feature, green formwork actually performs and requires a much shorter construction cycle between 4-7 days. Hence, the system can produce concrete work area of 4-7 times its own surface area monthly; this is almost three times the productivity of conventional timber method.
With Green formwork early stripping mechanism, we can use only 1 set of panel + 2 sets of props/shroing system to cycle for the whole project which will save the cost on material compared with the traditional formwork with plywood.
The concept of green formwork is a building method and technology that uses the Earth’s natural resources efficiently and in an environmental friendly and responsible manner. The only consumable components of green formwork, the bamboo plywood boards are made from renewable resources. Bamboo is considered an ecological construction material as it is harvested through massive agro-replanting. In other words, there is no cutting down of trees, thus it reduces damage to the environment. The main steel components (stripping head) are cast with recycled steel resources. All components are designed and manufactured for many times of reuse and last longer than timber methods. By employing green formwork a project will significantly reduce the generation of debris and waste on site.
- The area around the column and wall could use the infill beam of green formwork with the traditional plywood whose thickness is 12mm to infill.
- In this way, the one who stores the traditional formwork could still consume in the current or new project instead of material waste.
Green formwork is simple and innovative. It comprises three basic components which are the main panel with bamboo plywood board on top of a steel framing, adjustable steel prop with early-striking head and aux beam to treat infill area. A lower support head can be added to the steel prop and enable split levels. The system can hence handle any structural layout design efficiency.
- Efficient: Installation speed up to 100 sqm/person/day for post tension slab
- Long duration: Bamboo Plywood ensures that duaration is 50 times at least for casting on the surface.Steel frame with industrial glue could also protect boundary of the bamboo plywood to make sure the whole system is operational.
- Environmental friendly: Reduce rubbish like plywood cutting. With green formwork system you don't need to cut the panel of the green formwork system. More convenient for cleaning the site.
- Save labour: Could save 50% labour and improve and boost the construction schedule.
- Compatible with traditional plywood: With green formwork system infill beam, the traditional plywood is also possible to be involved. Only with the requirements for the thickness with 12mm. And green formwork could also work with other wall formwork and column formwork system.
 How to unstall
- 1.Adjust the steel props to the required length
- 2.Erect the steel props using gate brace
- 3.Hang the Panel to the Prop Head
- 4.Swing the lower end of the Panel to position using ADT
- 5.Insert, push, straighten and lock in the fourth Props
- 6.Repeat steps 3,4 & 5
Featured articles and news
A definitive book on a pioneer of green architecture.
Using heritage as a catalyst for reviving historic centres.
Declaration prioritising sustainable urbanisation adopted.
Some brief words about the actuator.
After 34 years at the Institute.
To support the next generation of engineers.
CIAT reporting from the Competition and Markets Authority.
Making sustainable construction number one priority.
Interview with ECA CEO.
Many provisions came into force on June 28, 2022.
With room to expand.
Refurbishment, Energy Efficiency, Indoor air and process.
Why building acoustic considerations must be non-negotiable.
Aluminium Composite Panels (ACP) is one example.
Inventors and innovators at ICE.
Life, death and art at the Stuart court. Book review.
Real estate, place adaptation and innovation.
Review and comment on the revised draft before July 11.
Write about something you know, help us build and grow !
A blended event and triumphant return.
Mark Reynolds succeeds Andy Mitchell as Co-Chair of CLC
Designing Buildings is 10 years old.
From alteration to deconstruction on DB.