- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 22 Dec 2020
Considered seminal at the time, Patterns had a significant influence on engineering for several decades. Patterns is reproduced here with the kind permission of Buro Happold because of its historical interest and the impact it has had on the development of engineering theory.
Patterns 6 was published in July 1990.
The contents of Patterns 6 are:
- 'Those Ills We Have'. By Bill Biggs.
- Horsham Town Centre Redevelopment. By Rod Macdonald.
- Warehouse and Office Development for Schwarzkopf UK. By John Morrison.
- Infrastructure and Highway Design for Emersons Green Science Research Park, Avon. By Vincent Grant and John Fraud.
- An Atrium at Buckingham Gate, Westminster. By Mick Green, Peter Moseley and Ben Kaser.
- Lighting the High-Tech Office. By Paul Ruffles.
- Restoration Behind the Listed Facade - Colonnades, Bath. By Richard Harris and Simon Wright.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
IHBC responds to PDR and defence infrastructure development.
Final report proposes improvements for UK-wide transport infrastructure.
The decarbonisation transition has begun.
Can smart homes take care of their occupants?
A showcase of She ethnic culture.
CIOB creates charter and publishes special report.
Response submitted by IHBC.
Designed to accommodate flooding or waterway traffic.
ECA states concerns over the Government's disparate plans.