- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 04 Feb 2015
Considered seminal at the time, Patterns had a significant influence on engineering for several decades. Patterns is reproduced here with the kind permission of Buro Happold because of its historical interest and the impact it has had on the development of engineering theory.
Patterns 10 was published in December 1991.
The contents of Patterns 10 are:
- Christmas decorations for Imagination Ltd, London. By Glyn Trippick.
- The lifting of the Calshot at Ocean Village, Southampton. By Vincent Grant & Paul Ruffles.
- Banners launch BP shares. By Mike Cook and Ian Liddell.
- Community building on Iona. By Rod Macdonald.
- TRAIL computer simulation. By Clive Morrison and John Froud.
- Rediscovering the city walls and gates of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. By Vincent Grant and Padraic Kelly.
- The Commerzbank, Frankfurt - a proposal for a green headquarters tower building. By Rudiger Lutz, Tony Mclaughlin, Michael Dickson & Ted Happold.
- Landslips at Cannons Country Club, Bath. By Isobel Lloyd.
- Bus shelters given 'street cred'. By Morteza Mohammadi.
- The Hyperion Airship at EuroDisneyland, Paris. By Ian Liddell, Simon Wright & Ken Carmichael.
- The Heart Tent - an artform in glass. By Eddie Pugh.
- Journey to the South Pole. By Ian Liddell.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Patterns 1: October 1987.
- Patterns 2: April 1988.
- Patterns 3: August 1988.
- Patterns 4: November 1988.
- Patterns 5: May 1989.
- Patterns 6: July 1990.
- Patterns 7: December 1990.
- Patterns 8: May 1991.
- Patterns 9: October 1991.
- Patterns 11: August 1993.
- Patterns 12: July 1997.
- Patterns 13: March 2001.
- Patterns 14: March 2005.
- Patterns: Ground Source Energy. 2008.
- Patterns: Specialist Consulting, 2007.
- Patterns 15: Autumn / Winter 2010.
- Patterns 16: Autumn / Winter 2011.
Featured articles and news
A memorial to a forgotten academic and political economist.
Three different approaches to building quality homes in urban settings.
Leaving suburbia for exurbia.
Hilton Tallinn Park in Estonia completes sustainable renovation.
Sleeper walls support many projects.
Discover the hidden history of pocket doors.
PwC reports on post-pandemic predictions from executives.
Insight for those entering the field of engineering.
A tool borrowed from statistics and applied to construction procurement.
Reports and factsheets for 2018, 2019 released.
Finding the right landscape maintenance contractor.