- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 04 Feb 2015
Patterns: Specialist Consulting
Considered seminal at the time, Patterns had a significant influence on engineering for several decades. Patterns is reproduced on Designing Buildings Wiki with the kind permission of Buro Happold because of its historical interest and the impact it has had on the development of engineering theory.
Patterns: Specialist Consulting was published in 2007.
The contents are:
- The rise of the specialist. By Mick Green, Peter Moseley, Andy Nicholson and Mark Whitaker.
- All wrapped up. By Francesca Madeo.
- Valuing green. By Henrietta Cooke.
- Breaking down the barriers. By Rob Cooke.
- The changing metabolism of buildings. By Salmaan Craig.
- Enabling everyone. By David Dropkin.
- Learning from experience. By David Beck and Ian Pegg.
- Sound advice. By Alistair Meachin.
- Get smart. By Neil Fletcher and Andrew Kelly.
- Creating a virtual world. By David Stribling, Ian van Duivenbode and Shrikant Sharma.
- Speculate to accumulate. By Jack Treble.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Patterns 1: October 1987.
- Patterns 2: April 1988.
- Patterns 3: August 1988.
- Patterns 4: November 1988.
- Patterns 5: May 1989.
- Patterns 6: July 1990.
- Patterns 7: December 1990.
- Patterns 8: May 1991.
- Patterns 9: October 1991.
- Patterns 10: December 1991.
- Patterns 11: August 1993.
- Patterns 12: July 1997.
- Patterns 13: March 2001.
- Patterns 14: March 2005.
- Patterns: Ground Source Energy. 2008.
- Patterns 15: Autumn / Winter 2010.
- Patterns 16: Autumn / Winter 2011.
Featured articles and news
Pushing the boundaries of the creative process.
Report from CIOB and i3PT published.
Air rights for developing above existing properties.
New national seismic hazard maps for the UK.
Six technologies guiding O&M into the future.
Homes carved from sandstone cliffs in England.
A review of the HES pilot project.
Organisation alerts membership to findings of IHBC research.
Four outstanding professionals recognised.
Sustainable flooring from super strong grass.
Organisation presents reactions from industry leaders.
New infrastructure bank to be based in the North of England.
Fairer, faster, greener. A summary of the key points.