- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 04 Feb 2015
Patterns: Specialist Consulting
Considered seminal at the time, Patterns had a significant influence on engineering for several decades. Patterns is reproduced on Designing Buildings Wiki with the kind permission of Buro Happold because of its historical interest and the impact it has had on the development of engineering theory.
Patterns: Specialist Consulting was published in 2007.
The contents are:
- The rise of the specialist. By Mick Green, Peter Moseley, Andy Nicholson and Mark Whitaker.
- All wrapped up. By Francesca Madeo.
- Valuing green. By Henrietta Cooke.
- Breaking down the barriers. By Rob Cooke.
- The changing metabolism of buildings. By Salmaan Craig.
- Enabling everyone. By David Dropkin.
- Learning from experience. By David Beck and Ian Pegg.
- Sound advice. By Alistair Meachin.
- Get smart. By Neil Fletcher and Andrew Kelly.
- Creating a virtual world. By David Stribling, Ian van Duivenbode and Shrikant Sharma.
- Speculate to accumulate. By Jack Treble.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Patterns 1: October 1987.
- Patterns 2: April 1988.
- Patterns 3: August 1988.
- Patterns 4: November 1988.
- Patterns 5: May 1989.
- Patterns 6: July 1990.
- Patterns 7: December 1990.
- Patterns 8: May 1991.
- Patterns 9: October 1991.
- Patterns 10: December 1991.
- Patterns 11: August 1993.
- Patterns 12: July 1997.
- Patterns 13: March 2001.
- Patterns 14: March 2005.
- Patterns: Ground Source Energy. 2008.
- Patterns 15: Autumn / Winter 2010.
- Patterns 16: Autumn / Winter 2011.
Featured articles and news
Technology informs procurement and planning practices.
BSRIA releases market sector growth projections.
Designing for durability and resilience.
Do plans to connect infrastructure and housing stack up?
1 minute review of CAMRA’s guide to historic drinking dens.
Their complex heritage remains largely unknown.
New editor covered facilities management, operations and construction in the US.
Exclusive log cabins on the North Antrim coastline.
Proactive forestry for strategic water management.
CIOB urges construction to share PPE with healthcare providers.
Why not write that article you've always meant to?