- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 04 Feb 2015
Considered seminal at the time, Patterns had a significant influence on engineering for several decades. Patterns is reproduced here with the kind permission of Buro Happold because of its historical interest and the impact it has had on the development of engineering theory.
Patterns 4 was published in November 1988.
The contents of Patterns 4 are:
- Building Services ten years on. By Terry Ealey.
- Improvements to visitors' facilities for Pump Room and Roman Baths Museum, Bath. By Tony Mclaughlin.
- New office development at Focal Point, Swindon. By Tony Mclaughlin and Peter Buckthorp.
- Solid State Logic -new facilities at Begbroke, Oxford. By Peter Moseley.
- Residential Complex in Fintas, Kuwait. By Martin Corbett.
- Real World Studios, Box Mill. By Howard Bays.
- Buckingham Hotel -renovation in Kensington, London. By Peter Brooke.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Patterns 1: October 1987.
- Patterns 2: April 1988.
- Patterns 3: August 1988.
- Patterns 5: May 1989.
- Patterns 6: July 1990.
- Patterns 7: December 1990.
- Patterns 8: May 1991.
- Patterns 9: October 1991.
- Patterns 10: December 1991.
- Patterns 11: August 1993.
- Patterns 12: July 1997.
- Patterns 13: March 2001.
- Patterns 14: March 2005.
- Patterns: Ground Source Energy. 2008.
- Patterns: Specialist Consulting, 2007.
- Patterns 15: Autumn / Winter 2010.
- Patterns 16: Autumn / Winter 2011.
Featured articles and news
Guidance available on latest update from MHCLG.
Style over substance. Book review.
Preventing water penetration using lime grout and injection mortars.
UK Finance names top 10 fraudster tricks to avoid.
Experience Exchange Report collates operating benchmarking data.
The origins of the National Scenic Area designation.
BRE China makes significant announcements.
Compression keeps cork blocks in place.
Encouraging diversity and inclusion in the construction industry.
Civil engineers discuss the projects that most inspire them.